Friday, April 22, 2005

From The When-You-Know-You-re-Getting-Older Dept.
*bit this off of Pare Stp's style of blogging!

- In preparation for our upcoming trip to da city by da Bay, we went and bought ourselves some new luggage. Not only was there a phat discount, but they're really NICE! I was all excited 'cause this is probably the second piece of luggage that I actually own myself. We had a choice of red or blue of the same style and decided to buy one of each. It was one of those 5-piece all in one deals...y'know, like those lil' Russian dolls where you open one only to find a smaller doll inside...and when you open that one, there's yet another one. It may not be namebrand Samsonite (which btw, are HELLA expensive for our budget!), but it's new, rugged, and durable. We even bought matching flourescent name tags to easily spot our bags at the baggage claim. So yes, we've now got blue and red matching luggage with matching tags. We're such dorks!

- If anyone out there is an eczema sufferer like I am (or are prone to skin rashes of any sort), listen up. I have THE skin and body lotion for you. (Egads, I'm sounding like a television ad!) Now, I was born with eczema and unfortunately, I am going to die with eczema, but that doesn't mean that I have to suffer for the rest of my life. I've tried different types of lotions, creams, ointments, etc, in hopes of easing my instinctual need to scratch the hell out of my skin 'til it bleeds. In fact, some years back, Mrs. Voodoo gave me a sample size of this lotion that her dermatologist recommended and I think at the time, it wasn't on the market just yet. I had totally forgotten about it until last night when hubby and I had to drive to the 24-hour Walgreens to get my some cortizone for my almost raw skin. Browsing through the lotion aisle, I saw the bottle- Eucerin. This has to be, by far, the best thing for uncontrollable itchy skin! Trust me, I've tried so many different brands. This one is like soaking your body in an oatmeal bath...although I've never done that myself, but hear that it works wonders. It's non-greasy, fragrance free, and works practically immediately on contact. Gone are the days when my mom had to sew satin patches on the inside of my school uniforms to hopefully make the itching subside. Haha, wasn't my mom so cool to do that for me? (btw: she's recovering well from her surgery! Funny thing...while they were operating to snip that flap of skin, the doctor also decided to take out her appendix. Not that it was in any way ready to burst or anything, but just a precaution to avoid such mishaps in the future...in any case, she's doing fine. Thank God and thanks for the prayers!) ANYWAYS...if you're tired of trying lotions that don't do its job, try Eucerin. It works wonders!

*By the way, Happy Earth Day, ya'll! Do your part to take care of the environment!*

No comments: