Friday, April 15, 2005

April 15 Deadline

I'm assuming ya'll did your taxes already.

I had another sort of deadline today. Still riding the high of miraculously passing those teacher prep tests, I came across an ad in the paper for a job opening. The Catholic elementary school just down the street from where we live have openings for a 2nd and 3rd grade teacher. Like I mentioned before, failing those tests would've been the sign telling me that teaching wasn't for me. But the tables have turned now. How two test scores could somehow instill hope in pursuing this profession is beyond me! In any case, since I learned of the job openings, I've been working on getting my cover letter, resume, and recommendation letters together. Today was the deadline to turn everything in. We took the less-than-two-minutes-by-car drive to the school so I could drop it off. (How dope would that commute be?!) As I walked in the front door, a class in single file line passed me by. It was too cute...all of them decked out in the uniforms...brought back a lot of memories.

Hopefully they'll call to set up an interview. Keep your fingers crossed...I'll keep ya'll posted!

Birthday Shout-Outs

Sending some birthday love and hugs to my #1 Roomie of all time, Heidi! Homegirl and I met back in the summer of 1990 during our trip to the former U.S.S.R. Her Connecticut crew and my San Francisco gang partnered up for this three-week student exchange/ambassador trip through People to People Caravan. Students across the U.S. are chosen, sent to Washington D.C. for a few days where you meet the group that you will travel with throughout the entire 3 weeks, flown to Moscow, and from there, begin a three-week adventure of visiting student camps, schools, cities, ambassadors, and staying with various families. When we were shacked up in a hotel, Heidi and I were usually partnered up and that's why I refer to her as my roomie. After that trip, we wrote letters ALL THE TIME. She even came to visit da City once. Slowly but surely, letters began trickling in once a month, every few months, and then settled on birthdays and Christmas. There were a couple of years that we totally lost contact. We then reestablished correspondance and hubby and I even went to visit her in CT. After all this time and distance, we remain good close friends. I have a lot of great memories of Heidi from that trip...after all, it was with her that I had my first real drink! LOL! On the real, I could probably go on and on about Heidi. She celebrates her 32nd tomorrow- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Oh! And let's not forget Ibalik's 32nd birthday bash tomorrow, too! That fool has up and left us behind in the Midwest for the hot desert sun of Vegas. Boo...we miss you! Anyways, hope you have a good one...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PARE!

No comments: