Thursday, January 13, 2005

I Simply Refuse To...


go outside at all today. No thanks. Currently, it is 4 freakin' degrees out. That's about the warmest it's going to get today. The rest of the forecast calls for a high of zero. ZERO...egads...and a low of - 5. NEGATIVE! On the news, they supposedly reported that today (Thurs) will be one of the coldest days ever, but I just checked on our handy dandy Weatherbug and tomorrow may reach to as cold as - 45. Hell no. To top it all off, we're getting wind, too. I hate that! Can't it just be cold?! Do we honestly need that cuts-you-like-a-knife-and-makes-it-hard-for-you-to-breathe wind, too?



Outside our front door. When I went to get the paper this morning, the cold literally took my breath away.



Yesterday it snowed about a couple of inches. I only know this because it was the first time we ever saw our driveway being plowed. Yeah...our association dues at work! Our walkway in front of our house gets shoveled and sprinkled with salt as well. Apparently it's city ordinance that nothing gets plowed unless it's two or more inches...and that's how I know it snowed about two inches. Of course, you KNOW when there's plowing action going on...'cuz it's so damn loud! Through the early morning hours, you can clearly hear the plow trucks making their rounds. At our last apartment, we lived right off the freeway. 24/7, all you hear is that whooshing sound of cars passing. Here, we live right off the main road. Same thing, but not as annoying and as loud. But when those snow plows pass, not only do we hear them, but the flashing lights atop their trucks are reflected onto our windows and into our bedrooms. Oh yah..we haven't got any curtains yet..just those temporary paper fan folding kinds.


I was thinking that MN got off the hook this winter without having any major snowfall. On the real, it hasn't even gotten THAT cold...for MN standards, anyways. Locals were worried that MN may lose the reputation for being "that cold ass state" during this time of the year and "having snow for half the freakin' year." But I spoke too soon. Supposedly we're going to be "dumped" on with a sh*tload of snow within the coming weeks...and all the cross country skiers and snowboarders cheer.


House Update


We're getting somewhere with all the mess, YET we're not getting anywhere. Things are being put in its place, YET things are being put out of place. If ya'll remember the pic I posted of my mango colored library, it was so nice and neat. Now, it's strewn with boxes that I'm attempting to sort through. Yes, yes, the mess is only temporary, but MnM can only take so much kalat!


The living room/dining room is painted, although, not completely. When you come in through the garage and look directly to your left, it's all done. But if you look to your right, um, well, how about you just don't for now. I gotta say, it looks NICE! With our new living room furniture, new side tables and lamps, and with all the tarp off the carpet, it's really starting to come together.




Our dining room area.




Isn't this lamp cute? Two words: Target rocks.




Guest bathroom with palm tree theme.




Master bathroom with garden tub.




I've always wanted a double sink bathroom! Ignore the non-matching bathrugs.


More pics to come later!


Birthday Shout-Outs


- Just wanted to send some birthday love and hugs to the soon-to-be Mrs. Lily. She turns 26 today! I met this cool chick at Cornerstone and when she was hired for the new 3rd grade position, I was called to mentor her. She "inherited" my "cozy and intimate" (aka: hella small and stuffy!) classroom while I got the former computer lab (aka: hella big and cool!)We became fast friends and being neighbors with her was just plain fun. After I left Cornerstone, my classroom was up for grabs once again. Lo and behold, Lily "inherited" it. I gotta say, it's just one of the nicest classrooms in the entire school! Girlfriend is tying the knot this July- I'm so excited! Keeping my fingers crossed, I hope to make it to her special day. Happy Birthday, Lily! =)


- To my SpiderMan-loving nephew, Nico...he turns 4 today! I'm so proud of this lil' man...he's beginning to talk much more now AND in fluent sentences. Every time I talk to him, he always says, "I miss you, Ninang." But more than that, it's the WAY he says it that just melts my heart. He has the most animated facial expressions I've seen in a kid and not to be the bragging auntie/Ninang, he could be an actor! LOL! Times like this, I miss home and wish that I could be there to celebrate his special day. He's really grown a lot and before you know it, he's going to entering kindergarten! Wow...I feel old now. Anyways...Happy Happy 4th Birthday, Nico! Uncle Doh and Ninang miss and love you very much! =)


*Went to Mickey D's yesterday to get my niece and nephew gift certificates..does anyone do that anymore? Anyways, there's a new promotion that says, "Buy a quarter pounder and get the second one for yesterday's temperature at noon." Yesterday's temp was 20 degrees, hence, 20 cents. So what happens if we're hit with negative temps? Free burger, baby! LOL!*

No comments: