Sunday, January 23, 2005

33+ Hours


Being sick sucks. For the past 33 hours since the wee hours of Saturday morning, I've spent it either in bed or running to the loo. How come when one is hit with some kind of stomach virus thingymagiggy that it always has to happen early in the morning? Don't worry, I'll spare the details. I just haven't been able to hold anything down foodwise and to top it all off, my back has been hurting like a mf.


I'm feeling 100% awake right now, although I know that I'm moving in snail-like increments. I'm feeling hungry, yet I'm too scared to eat. Yesterday, the mere mention of food and the smell of it was enough to make me nauseous. Hubby was on-hand to make sure I had what I needed. He even went out to the grocery store at 1am to fetch me some Freezer Pops! I read somewhere that when kids are sick and can't keep anything down, freezer pops are a good alternative to avoid dehydration. Does this sound familiar to anyone???


As with anyone who is hit with stomach problems, I tried to recall what it was that I ate that would lead me to feel sh*tty these 36 hours. I even thought that it might've been due to our "mailbox excursion" the other day. Let me explain.


On Friday, we finally got our first major snowfall for the winter. I'm guessing that we got about a foot. Despite the weather, we had a whole bunch of errands to run. Throughout the couple hours that we were gone, the weather got progressively worse. Thankfully, we made it home safe and sound. As hubby pulled the Lex into the driveway, turns out that he couldn't because of the buildup of snow. He even tried revving the Lex to bust through the mini mounds, but no such luck. Since it wasn't that cold (23 degrees), I volunteered to shovel a path for him. We both got out and maybe it's because we're neophyte shovelers, it took a while! After some slipping and sliding, pulling in and pulling out, the Lex finally made it in. We hadn't gotten the mail just yet and hubby was just saying that I should overcome my fear of driving in the snow and get in some practice. Fine, fine, I said. When we get home, I'll take my Honda out to the mailbox. Well, after shoveling that path for Lex and with the snow coming down even harder, there was no way that the Honda would even make it out of the driveway.


SO, I suggested my "bright idea" to hubby of walking to get the mail. Now really, the mailbox isn't that far away, but when that snow is falling fiercely sideways and you can't even open your eyes to see, it's a freakin' long way! It seemed "fun" at first to walk and make tracks in the untouched snow, but by the time we got back to the house, I was literally exhausted. I honestly think my body couldn't take it and that's why my body is aching.


In any case, hubby is at church without me, my stomach is growling like crazy, and I'm about to venture downstairs to see if eating anything will sit well today.

No comments: