Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Yesterday's Outings

The weather yesterday was surprisingly beautiful. We've been getting some rain showers as of late and the sunshine was a nice break. Hubby has been getting back into playing ball and the crew decided to take advantage of the weather. I thought it'd be perfect to take my bike out, too. (see, meeting one of my goals on that lil' list of mine!)Went out to a park out in Cottage Grove and while hubby headed to the court, I headed out to the streets. I didn't exactly know where to go. I basically went biking in one direction for a good 15 minutes and then turned around. By that time, my calves and thighs were burning. Not quite sure if I'd end up with that good burning feeling after a good workout versus that burning feeling that'll leave you sore the next day. The ride itself was cool. With the sun beating down, it was refreshing to feel the wind in my face. But the wind wasn't the only thing hitting my face. More than once, I had to dodge disgusting bugs and cotton. Ya' read correctly- COTTON. I'd forgotten to mention, but in the summertime, you'd think the giants up in the sky (y'know, the same ones that go bowling and when they get strikes, we hear it as thunder...don't tell me you've never heard that before!) were out picking dandelions and blowing them out to make wishes or something! I'm not exaggerating, but the skies are literally filled with cotton at this time of year. So aside from bugs, I had to make sure I breathed through my nose for fear of ingesting any cotton. Overall, it was fun to finally give my bike some exercise and though I woke up a bit stiff in the legs, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

Hooters Happy Hour

A couple of the b-ball crew wanted to eat at Hooters for happy hour. Hooters. I was telling hubby the first time I ever heard of the place was on an episode of Married With Children! Quite the educational show, wouldn't you say? Didn't quite know what to expect- waitresses with huge hooters, I suppose. Hooters, knockers, melons, boobies, whatever you want to call them. The waitresses wore really short shorts, kinda like roller skater waitresses back in the 50's actually. The tops were tight fitting showing some cleavage, but really nothing to holler about. Unless you're dead drunk and rowdy, which some of the patrons appeared to be. Apparently, the most popular appetizer is the buffalo wings. They go for $.25 each. Just imagine a bunch of hungry dudes after playing basketball ordering 2 50-pieces entrees of wings. That's 100, mind you. Being the lil' bi-otch that I am when it comes to spicy foods, I ordered chicken strips instead. 100 wings for five hungry dudes. The guys were telling me that the only reason they ever go there is for the wings. Suurrrrreeee. That's what they all say- lol!





Oh, and I just have to put it out there. While hubby and I were waiting for the others, we hung out at the arcade across the way. Hooters, by the way, is at Mall of America. We got to playing Air Hockey. Proud to say, MnM kicked Doh's ass. 7-6. Whoo hoo! Okay, that's it. Gloating over.

Next Best Thing

Know how I've been bitching about the lack of Baskin Robbins over here? Well, the status hasn't changed- still none in the area. I've been totally feening for a MochaBlast like ya'll wouldn't believe! Went grocery shopping the other day and upon the recommendation of my sis, got the Nescafe Ice Java syrup. On the back, there's directions for mixing it up in a blender. Lo and behold, after blending it up with some ice and milk and topping it with some whip cream, we had a MochaBlast! Gotta tell ya', it sure hit THE spot and what's even better? I can have it anytime I want. MnM is a happy camper.





New Look

MnM before....





MnM after...





Whaddaya think??? Let me know! (and please, be kind!) =)

No comments: