Friday, May 14, 2004

Ho Hum Days Ahead

Due to my melancholic moods and perhaps the loss of motivation somewhere along the way, I've decided to take a mini-break from my classes and chill. Hmmm...some of you may be thinking that because I am currently unemployed that I'm already chillin', but that's not the case at all. Although school has been my major focus out here, I've been feeling overworked with readings, papers, posts, and sometimes annoying classmates that I just couldn't stand any longer. It's funny because even though I've never met any of them personally, you KNOW them even if you don't know them. I've been with this particular group of people for the past 3-4 classes already- that's 21 weeks of agreeing, disagreeing, concurring, debating, and after a while, you really end up hearing the same old sh*t over and over again. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of them. I need a break and I got it. So, I've got myself three weeks of freedom to myself, my books (the ones i WANT to read), my writings, and me, me, me.

It's so easy to neglect yourself, isn't it? Especially when you've got so much on your plate, people are so busy running around trying to take care of this or that. Not that my life has been traumatically hectic or anything- it's just nice to take a break now and then, is all. Or maybe it's like that sickness that seems to plague all students this time of the year. Ya'll may know it as "spring fever." The end of the school year is quickly approaching, the skies are getting sunnier, and basically, there is no motivation, none whatsoever, to get any schoolwork done. Ah, perhaps that is where I fall in. Well, whatever it is that bit me, I've been plagued and I've got three weeks to enjoy it.

Here is a short list I've compiled of what I'd like to do during my three weeks of "me" time. Let's just see how far I get...

1. Read and reread the entire Harry Potter series.

2. Study and take the written driver's test for MN. (I've been putting this on hold simply 'cuz I wasn't willing to give up my CA driver's license just yet. Plus, have you seen the MN driver's license? It's the ugliest thing! They've got NO creativity in their design! Ugh...)

3. Go biking. (Let's see if I can at least leave the garage!)

4. Get a new haircut.

5. Look for a job.

6. Catch up on emails and correspondences.

Yes, I admit that it is nice that I'm able to just do this and take this break. Yes, not everyone can just do that whenever they please. I figure, I might as well take advantage of this time that I DO have before I get back into the real world. I miss it, but kinda don't. I guess you can say that I'm stuck in my own little reality of a world. Not quite ready to come out just yet...ho hum, ho hum, ho hum...

No comments: