Thursday, May 27, 2004

Snide Remarks ;-)

Since hubby made mention to our "little spat" the other day, let me offer you my side. Late Tuesday night, I asked hubby if he wanted some ramen. Yes, Top Ramen noodles...they make good around-midnightish snacks, mind you. When it was done, I told hubby that he should just help himself. Now you have to know this about hubby, but whenever he eats noodles, he always eats it from a certain bowl- a Crate and Barrel japanese style bowl, that is, complete with chop sticks. Always. I take it out for him, put it on the side, and continue to put some in a regular bowl for me. Since he was getting his PS2 game on with Tiger Woods, I kept reminding him about the soup. I didn't want the ramen to get cold, you know? Just being the considerate self that I am, is all. So he finally gets up to the kitchen and he sees MY bowl already filled and he says, "Is that for me?" An innocent question, I realize now, but knowing exactly which bowl he always uses forced me to make, what hubby calls, a "snide remark." I must've looked at him with an incredulous look and said, "When do you EVER use this bowl?" Well, this comment happened to spark the fire under hubby 'cuz the next thing I knew, he was snapping in my face with, "Don't get mad at me!" with that lil' high pitched voice. I actually thought it was funny at the time because I remember laughing and saying something like, "Damn, you don't have to yell." But after filling his bowl, the right bowl, with noodles, he stomped back into the living room without a word. Weellllll, WTF was that?! What's he so damn pissed off about? Well, you can imagine that he got ME into a bad mood now and after I finished my bowl, I up and left to go into our bedroom without putting my bowl in the sink. Very unlikely thing for me to do. A few minutes later, he pops his head in the room and asked me if I'm done and I just answer with "Yup."

Now I'll tell you, that whole lil' incident there, which probably took about less than 30 seconds total, really got under my skin. THEN, to top it all off, he goes to bed WITHOUT saying or kissing me goodnight. Boo on him. Well, the next day, I just don't want to deal with him so I hit the mall and do my thang. I go practically the entire day without talking to him. 'Cuz really people, he didn't have to snap at me the way that he did.

So the day comes and goes which brings us to today. Hubby has a client to see in downtown Minneapolis and he suggests I come along for the ride. Perhaps we can have lunch downtown, he says. Hmmm...his attempts at an apology? I go, we walk, we eat at the worst food court ever, we shop, and head home. All in all, the trek downtown goes rather well. We get home and relax for a bit before heading to my folk dance practice. I forget what happened next, but we ended up wrestling...all in good CLEAN fun, peoples...get your minds outta the gutter! lol! We're laughing, we're wrestling, I'm running out of breath...in the middle of it all, I turn to him and said, "You didn't even apologize to me." He apologizes and being the boob that I am, retorts with "You're sorry for what?" And he admits it...he says, "Sorry for snapping at you." See, what did I tell you? It wasn't MY fault we had a lil' cold war goin' on for a day or so. He didn't have to yell at me, right? Psshhhhh...ain't no one gonna yell at me like that and pretend we're all okay. Nah uh. That's right hubby, you SHOULD be sorry! Lol!

Well, just like hubby said in his blog, I really can't stay mad at him for too long. It's just the way that I am. It's gotta be something HUGE for me to hold a grudge against someone, but for the lil' spat that we had, well, there's going to be more of where those came from. It's just one of those things. It'll happen, I'll give him the silent treatment, he'll apologize, and it'll be okay. Same old, same old! Lol! Honestly, it's really funny now that we look back on it- so funny, hubby said he's put it out on his blog. Yah, well since he did it, I might as well do the same.

Hey babe? It's all love! (even though it really was YOU who was wrong, but it's all good now....) =)

Ah well...'til my next "snide remark." Love and hugs!

No comments: