Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Birthday Shout-Outs

Belated Happy Birthday to my lil', not so lil' anymore, cousin Derek. He turned the big legal 2-1 this past weekend. From what I heard, he did what any other 21 year-old would do on his bday...he got wasted! Lol! It's still hard for me to think of D as anything but the little duckling (inside family joke), but it just reminds me of how much older we're all getting. Yah, I'll say it- I remember when he was born! Wow. The next time I'm home, I'll be sure to treat him to a drink...'cuz I could actually do that with him now. Damn. Belated wishes and much love-n-hugs straight from MN from your Ate and Kuya!

America Has Voted

...and the new American Idol is.....Fantasia Berrino!

I have to honestly say that I wasn't quite impressed with the top 12 chosen for American Idol. Sure, I was hyped that two Pinays were up there. 'Twas a minor setback that they really didn't represent, but oh well. As proud as we all were, we all knew deep down that they wouldn't make it to the top. Putting all the "you're all winners for making it this far" crap aside, people across America were surprised that Camille and Jasmine made it as far as they did. And when Latoya London was let go? Oh man, American messed up with that one. I thought she for sure was going to win. Between Diana and Fantasia, I didn't really care one way or the other who got it. They're both good and even though Diana was left in the shadows, I'm sure some record label will pick her up just as the other #2 American Idol picks left behind were. And as for Jasmine Trias? Well, if she can follow in #3 Tamyra Gray's footsteps, perhaps we'll be seeing more of her real soon. Bahala na. If anything, she'll be on the tour! Lol!

Much Props

Thanks to cable tv and ESPN2, I was able to watch Barry Bonds hit homerun #670! Whoo hoo! It was DOPE to see that live. I didn't get to see his McCovey Cove hit yesterday, but the replay on ESPN was just as sweet. The SF Giants played against the Arizona D'Backs. Final score: 4-3 Giants. WERD!

Hubby was commenting to me just yesterday that he never saw me as the type of gal who liked to watch sports. I mean, I watch Sports Center....by choice! Yes, I admit that it's only within the last 5 years that I've really gotten into sports. I will blame hubby for that, although it's definitely not a bad thing. I totally miss going to Pac Bell (sorry, can't call it SBC Park) and sitting in them nice Lower Level seats c/o hubby's coworkers. Although I enjoy watching basketball and football, I dig watching baseball the most. I'm wanting to watch a Twins game here at the Metrodome, but don't get it twisted and think I'm changing over. No sir. I'm a GIANTS fan through and through.

Timberwolves??? They're beginning to grow on me. It can't be helped really- that's all they show over here! We were even invited to a T'Wolves mini-party last week for game 7 against Sacramento Kings. As exciting as the game was, I was too distracted and wanting someone to change the channel to ESPN2 and check the Giants game. All in all, I think I could like 'em...I wouldn't mind seeing them play either.

No comments: