Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Big Ups Go To....

My Family-Mom, Pops, Ate, Brutha-Man!
Since I've been tucked away in this lil' suburb of the Twin Cities, ma familia has been so great to take care of my beloved Honda for me. It hasn't been easy, let me tell you. It's been a hassle for my Dad 'cuz every Thursday, he has to move it for street cleaning and then move it back again before the un-neighborly next door neighbors grab our spot. Of course, there was the moment when it just wouldn't start! My Pops had to wait until those darm meter maids came by to insure we wouldn't get a ticket- aiya! He had to get it towed to a garage and back again...major pain in the ass. Mom and Pops have been taking care of the car insurance back home for me while I have been busy looking for a job and working on my Masters. 'Course I'm indebted to them, but they've been really patient and cool (and plus, they do not incur any finance charges or late fees!). Hubby and I have been wanting to get my car shipped over, but it just wasn't happening with all the other stuff we have to take care of, so Mom and Pops offered to take care of that, too. They footed the bill for the shipping and man oh man, I'm hella excited 'cuz it arrives today! Ate and Brutha-Man had to pick up the car from da city and drive to their place across da Bay. Not only did Ate make all the phone calls, but she also made sure most of my kalat from my parents' house was in there, too. Brutha-Man did the whole maintenance check of my car to make sure everything was cool and sure enough, it is. Thanks ma familia for hooking it up for me big time- it's much appreciated! And wow, what a perfect birthday gift!!! Much love!

Randy's Auto Transport
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Randy and Nancy, the husband-wife tag team, for delivering my Honda safely from CA to MN. My car was dirty as hell, but you know what? Ain't nothin' a good carwash can't fix! There's a cool touchless carwash near our place- and hook it up they did! My car is the whitest I've ever seen it...on the real- it's sooooo nice to have my car here with me. MnM is a happy camper. =)

Miss Lily...the soon-to-be Mrs. Chan!
My homegirl from Cornerstone...the newbie that came in whom I had the pleasure of mentoring....the sweet and quiet (NOT!) and youngest of us all....is getting married! Her honey proposed last Sunday, which happened to be their 3rd year anniversary. From what she told me, it was a sweet proposal at Fort Funston in da city. He surprised her with 120 roses AND the prettiest ring! When she told me, it was just one of those moments where I wish I could've congratulated her in person, but AIM will have to do! Although the wedding won't be until she finishes her Masters in Education in a year and a half (you go girl!), I'm truly excited and happy for her. (On a sidenote, Miss Lily is like SuperWoman...this girl went straight with her undergrad studies, then to her teaching credentials, and NOW, to her Masters! She has been non-stop and honestly, I don't know how she's done it! Talk about motivation- I'm proud of you, girl!) Love and congratulations to you and Anthony!

No comments: