Wednesday, March 03, 2004

One Last Hurrah

Quick weather update. I know, I know. Everytime I give MnM's forecast, it's always full of bitching and complaining about the snow and negative temps. But honestly, for the past week or two, it's been warm. Warm means that the temps have been in the high 30's and low 40's consistently! Yes, this is WARM! So the sun has been shining...nice. I actually sit in front of our balcony windows to warm myself up. With these warm temps being a pleasant surprise, much of the snow has been melting- YAY! Yay 'cuz to me that is a sure sign that winter is ending, but NAY 'cuz now everything outside is slushy, wet, muddy, and the air has a stale smell to it. Needless to say, all of them fools are no longer on the frozen lakes 'cuz hellloooooo, it's not cold anymore. Sun=melting ice. You'd think, right? Wrong! Just last night in the news, there was a fatality somewhere 'cuz someone was dumb enough to ride their snowmobile out onto a lake. Now as sorry as I am for that tragedy, dammit people, it's fricken common sense! As we drive along the freeway aside all these once frozen lakes, you can very plainly see the water....w-a-t-e-r, not ice.

I'm looking outside my window and all I see are puddles galore. Not to mention all the ugly, dead, and muddy grass that was once my lil' playground for making snow angels. The trees are brown, the grass is sickly greenish, brownish, and everything just looks blah. I am so ready for spring to come.....come spring, come sun, come green grass, come blossoming flowers! (i'm such a dork!) lol!

BUT....the forecast for tomorrow is calling for "significant accumulations of snow" tomorrow. What the...???? I do believe, and yes even locals are validating this, that this snowstorm will basically be the "last hurrah" for winter. Well I sure as hell hope so! I'm tired of all this snow! No more, no more! Mother Nature, this is one sick, cruel lil' joke....bah!

No comments: