Monday, September 01, 2003

Dad's Home!
Dad is home and all is well! Hehe, know what that means? Lots of visitors and free food! For some odd reason, most of the visitors that've come thru have all brought Goldilock's Mamon! Haha, don't get me wrong, it's light, tasty, and finger lickin' good, but how about somethin' else for comfort food? The last time he had surgery, we all had to give 'em away by the boxes 'cuz we had so many...Like today, relatives from S.J. brought siopao...YUM! That's what I'm talkin' about! Needless to say, it's great to see Pops up and about and just being in the comfort of his own home.

The WORSE Target Run!
After picking up Pops from the hospital, Ate, kids, and I decided to check out Target! (the BEST store ever! AND...fyi: the main headquarters is located in, noneother than, MINNESOTA!)(btw: Targets are everywhere in MN...kinda like how there is an overabundance of ABC stores in Hawaii...same thing!) Y'know, with it being Labor Day weekend and all, people are supposed to be outta town...why're all of you here at Target today?! Good Lord, it was so damn crowded- literally bumping into kids, carts, people left and right. I KNEW we should've went to the one in Foster City! Target at Bridgepoint plaza is da best, cleanest, neatest, and well-stocked Target that I know of. BUT, the whole hassle wasn't completely a bust. We ran into some old friends, the Santos family, with their newest edition. Kendrick Michael, oh, what a cutie! Tis always nice to run into friends whom you haven't seen in so long...and such a great feeling when you can just pick up right where you left off in the friendship...as it should be in ANY friendship. Doesn't and shouldn't matter how long it's been since you've last kept in touch...true friendships know no time and distance...but that's just me.

Belated Congratulations!
I'm terribly disappointed with myself. This kind of thing never happens to me. I'm always pretty good about things like this, but I slipped. I pride myself in remembering people's birthdays (and other special days) and always make a point to let them know they were in my thoughts. I can't believe it, but I FORGOT our friends' wedding anniversary...their FIRST ONE! Belated Happy 1st Anniversary to the Lapid's! Here's to many more years of much love and happiness!

New Mommies
It's that time when friends my own age are having babies! Remember when it was our parent's friends who were having kids? Now, it's our turn! Just makes you realize that we're all gettin' older- yes Mnm, let's shove that grim reminder in everyone's face! Anyways, just wanted to congratulate the Hernandez family for their little bundle of joy! I was lucky to have seen Mommy Hernandez twice during her pregnancy...she was looking more like a teenage mom than the pediatric nurse that she is! Plus, she was totally bustin' out of the Old Navy overalls she was sportin'. Hey, what can I say? Us Filipinos / Asians age gracefully! Being that she is one of my oldest friends from grade school (we were in 1st grade together!), it's just yet another reminder of how far we've come in life and age. Welcome to the world, Noah!

Congrats also go out to the Low family for their newest edition, Russell. Mommy Low must be enjoying the time away from teaching and getting used to sleepness nights and neverending diapers. Newborns are just sometimes the easiest to take care of...to me, they're like rabbits: all they do is eat, sleep, and poop. Funny, but it's true!

Goodbye August...
Hello September! Wow! The 1st of Sept. already...where does the time go? Is this a rhetorical question? Haha, whatever. At almost 3am in the morning, it's just time to go to sleep. Zzzzzzz...

No comments: