Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Mitchell's Ice Cream
This Foodnetwork fascination...yah, I'm still on it and will probably continue to be hooked to all them cooking shows. I've got so much to learn, people! Just had to quickly mention that "Roker on the Road" featured Mitchell's Ice Cream tonight! If you're anyone from S.F. or anyone who knows their way around da City, ya'll know about Mitchell's in the Mission. Mmmm...Mitchell's Mango is the best! So they did the whole history behind the family owned business segment (been in business since the 1950's!) and they talked about the different flavors they make each day and how some of the most favorite were macapuno, ube, langka, and mango! And YES, they gave credit to the influx of Asian immigrants to the area! Whoo hoo! Mentioned how all these immigrants were asking and feening for the tastes of their homeland and now, Mitchell's is one of the biggest distributors of such ice creams to most of the Asian markets and such. Plus, they get daily shipments straight from P.I. and had the owner talking about ube! Okay, maybe I'm just a bit too excited about this whole thing, but now that I'm how many states away, I'm all ears about anything Bay Area and hey, Mitchell's ice cream is hands down the best ice cream! I remember going there as a kid with my dad and afterschool during my ICA days. Add this to your list of places to eat, people, and check out for yourself why Mitchell's Ice Cream is so good! Bon appetite!

No comments: