Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Wow! It's been an entire week since I've last blogged. Actually, ever since hubby arrived to da City, the week pretty much flew by...places to go...people to visit...ya'll know how it is. Considering that this was going to be my "last week" in S.F., we made a point to see and visit people and places that we were going to miss. =( Boo hoo! Well, I'm back in MN after a two and half weeks- missing CA terribly, but encouraged to make the best of this new chapter in my life.

DAY 2: UNPACKING. Finished setting up the kitchen area. Our place is filled galore with boxes up to the ceiling! Hahah, okay, not really, but it gives you an idea of how much sh*t we've got to unpack. Moving is never a fun thing- NEVER. When I'm finally done, I'll try to post some pics so ya'll can see our place. Stay tuned.

SEPT 09
Hubby arrived to SFO. Twas nice to see him- almost forgot what he looked like! NOT! =) We were craving AKAGI'S so we headed there for lunch. After hanging out at home for a bit, we went to visit the Hernandez family and see newborn Noah! Mommy Ros Hernandez is one of my oldest friends (we were in 1st grade together!) and to see her with her baby was surreal and somewhat unbelievable. Baby Noah was this furry lil' thing with the thickest feet! Looks like Daddy Adolph. He was on his best behavior, surprisingly, while Auntie My and Uncle Ran were there. Times like this makes you want to have one of your own...but not just yet! (FYI: did you know that pregnant mommies can feel hiccups from their baby in utero?! I was not aware...'if you don't know, now you know'.)

SEPT 10- Hawaiian all day!
Today, Ran and I bought Hawaiian food for 3rd grade teachers at Cornerstone. It was nice to be back at work, even for just a lil' bit. After hanging out with the 3rd/4th grade crew, I got to see some of my kids! Students from my last year's class ran up to hug me and kept coaxing me to come back. I had a student on each arm and still another around my waist. Sigh...it reminded me of why I became a teacher! I will honestly miss this group of kids, probably because they were my last class. Not perfect, but definitely fun and memorable. The kids were so sweet, telling me they miss me and asking when I was coming back...or in some cases, some were wondering why I was there..."I thought you moved to Minnesota! Why are you here?!" Kids...gotta love 'em. I wandered around school, making my rounds and saying my goodbyes, even got to meet the new principal! This time around, the goodbyes weren't so hard...unlike the last day of school. I will miss the kids, the teachers, and everyone there, but I think to see them one more time was a "closure" thing at most. Yes, I'll see them again, but it'll definitely be different not to see them on a daily basis like I'm used to. I'm just corny and sentimental like that...

E Komo Mai
Had a dinner get-together with the "Hustler" crew at E Komo Mai. Yes, still more Hawaiian food. Hey man, ain't no food like this in MN so we gotta get our fill as much as we can! With the exception of lil' bro Phil and Sharmila, the rest of the gang that showed up were Dave & Carol, Roy & Chelle, Lou & Beej, Bryan & Sharon, Ron & Lin and Ran & myself...all of us either married or engaged, as Phil pointed out. Gee, makes you realize how far we've all come in life, eh? The restaurant was pretty much empty except for us and boy, us Filipinos were sure loud and rowdy! You know how it is, all jokes and whatnot and the evening continued with us loitering outside afterwards. As always, it was a fun-filled night hanging out with good friends, old and new. For those of you who haven't tried Hawaiian cuisine, try E Komo Mai located on 32nd and Judah in the Sunset. It's a yum place for plate lunches: kahlua pig, khalbi ribs, mochiko chicken, and mac salad...don't forget haupia pie for dessert. If you guys go, make sure you say hello to Auntie Fran...you'll know her when you see her! Go get your grub on!

No comments: