Tuesday, September 09, 2003

If you haven't already guessed, I love going to the beach. Many memories made and long walks taken... I can't seem to get it out of my mind. The inspiration bug has hit again. And so I give you...

Final Visit to the Beach
Tossing and turning
Turbulent, fierce
Relentless and fervent
Furious, still

Calming and nurturing
Wild and wet
Deceiving in beauty
Powerful, and yet

Deliciously beautiful
Captivatingly clear
Devastating in strength
Something to fear

Lapping and crashing
No care to its course
Silently drowning
With terrible force

The sand being pounded
The crabs disappear
The wind takes control
High tide is near

Cold to the touch
Refreshingly so
Inviting embrace
Wonderful to know

Calming my nerves
Meditating the waves
I settle all snug
As I reflect on the day

The day will be done
Too soon, I surmise
Anticipating tomorrow
The next days sunrise

Preparing to leave
I turn up my coat
Last glimpses I take
Capturing all in my heart to note

The water will flow
Never-ending in tune
Goodbye and I promise
I will return soon.

No comments: