Sunday, October 07, 2007

Where Does the Time Go?
MnM's lil' update...in no particular order

Okay, so it's been a couple of weeks since I last updated. It really got crazy after Back To School night...I got deathly sick (that's what it felt like anyways...), had a few dinners that I just HAD to attend, and oh yes, on top of that, still go to work. I did leave work early one day, but I basically tried to be a trooper and ride it out. My kids were, surprisingly, very good on the days that I was sick. Works wonders when you ASK them to be on their best behavior...ironically when I started feeling better, they didn't bother to be quite as cooperative as before. Ha...and so goes another day in my class.

Marathon training. Shit. Because of said sickness, I lost a good week of training. I always expect to get sick in the beginning of the school year. Getting used to a new set of kids' germs is taxing, but after the initial whatever it is I had, I'm good for the rest of the year. Training, on the other hand, has slowed down. It's coming down to the wire...October 21 is just around the corner! I'm not totally buggin' about it because I'm not doing it for the time, but still, I want to do my best and make it over that finish line in one piece. Maybe I'm whining about it too much, but after I finish, I know for a fact that it will be a major accomplishment that I will be proud to have completed. Pray for me, ya'll!

So....Desperate Housewives, eh? I'm not a fan, only watched a few episodes when it first debuted, but wow...that comment. It's ignorance and downright f*cked up. Of course, had it been any other cultural group, there would be outrage nonetheless, but man. My cousin in Texas took the opportunity to call the local radio station who were discussing the matter. 'Course everything is recorded and then played back, right? When things aired, all the comments basically reflected the whole "what is everyone so mad about?" because the Philippines is "a country of whores". WTF? This is in freakin' Texas....good Lord. By the time they aired my cousin's comments, she said that hers was the ONLY comment against the episode. That's pretty freakin' sad. Makes me sad for our country...and yah, totally peeved. Sometimes, I swear, I think it would be better to live elsewhere where there aren't so many ignorant and close-minded idiots.

MySpace. Lol! I can't believe I'm going to freely admit this, but that site is so damn addicting! Not that I have hundreds or thousands of friends...in fact, I only have 25, most of whom are my younger cousins. It really is a great way to keep in touch with them and to see what they are up to. Like D had mentioned in his blog, I, too, am constantly checking if I've got comments or whatnot. Plus, I love updating my moods and the music that plays...lol...it's pathetic!

Apartment hunting...sucks. But it seems like it may be in the stars for me sometime soon...keeping my fingers crossed!

Dating....LOL....yah, that TOTALLY SUCKS! Okay, I'll admit it now...it's been "interesting" to say the least. I'm not adverse to meeting people for some Starbucks, but all I gotta say is that if YOU ask ME out...and then I have to pay for EVERYTHING? You are a waste of my time...a total DUD! I want to be impressed...is that so much to ask for? Apparently! Living the single life among the rest of my married/happily taken friends has, I've found, provided much entertainment in their eyes. Lol...it's all good! Just as in my (failed)marriage, it's all about living and learning. And oh yes, it's gotta be about having FUN, too! lol...still, no more duds! Can't a gal be swept off her feet???

Fleet Week. I love watching the Blue Angels! Went to the Marina Green, met up with my sis and family, and enjoyed the airshow....was totally awesome! I haven't been for a while and to be among the crowds of people was exciting. Not sure if I can do the crowds all the time, but to hear all the gasping, the oooh and aaaahhh, was fun. It was a beautiful day in the city, perfect to be out and about. Pictures to come later...

Back to the apartment hunting thing...I was reading the paper today and saw how airfare out of the country is dropping for certain places. My goal is to be out of the house by Christmas...BUT, if I push that out of the way, might I be able to head out to, say, Europe for a week??? 'Tis funny, too.....airfare to Ireland is the cheapest! Ironic!

We shall see....

No comments: