Monday, October 29, 2007

Big News!

So the day has finally arrived...MnM is moving out!

Everyone knows that the past couple of years have been tough...pure hell almost...but as the new year began, I was determined to make 2007 MY year. It may not have started smooth, but the way it has been going lately, it can only get better from here on out. With the big D being official (as long as that took...), the burden was lifted from my shoulders. There was this "symbolic" part of it all that I was just waiting to happen. I kept telling myself, "...once those papers are signed..." But as the months went by and ex-hubby was nowhere to be found, I used that as an excuse to move on. I hated that...because even though I was the one who left, I allowed him to still have that hold on me. But then in a matter of days, everything fell into place. It hit me like a ton of bricks, for sure, but it was going to happen no matter what. I'm just glad it finally did. Getting divorced: check!

Last weekend, the NIKE Women's marathon took place in San Francisco. 23,000 participants from all across the country...all running for a great cause...in memory of or in honor of a loved one. Inspiring is the one word that comes to mind. Proud is another...simply because I can't believe I actually got through it! While I don't feel my three months of training was adequate, I plugged on...and geez, look at where that got me! But the aches and pains are gone and I'm ready to continue my training...Mommy Hernandez mentioned in passing that there's another marathon with NIKE happening in Chicago this coming April. Who knows? I've always wanted to see Chicago...without the snow! All in all, having completed my first marathon is a HUGE deal for me...it proved a lot of things for me...one, simply that I could finally do something for myself. Physically, I've still got a lot to work on and a lot more to lose, but now that I'm in that mode, I can definitely continue on and improve on this health trip. Completing NIKE marathon: check!

FYI: although the marathon is over, ya'll are encouraged to continue to donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society via my TNT page. They will accept gifts for one more month! Thanks to those who generously donated...I hope I did you proud!

One of my main goals this year was to finally get a place of my own. It's easy to dream about, but then the reality of my financial situation slaps me silly in the face. I've been incredibly lucky to have such a supportive family who took me in after I left Minnesota...and it's really through their love and good graces that I've been able to get back on my feet once again. Don't get me wrong, I've got debts up the arse, thanks to ex-hubby...he's the best, I tell you. What a guy! But why should I let his poor choices in life determine mine? If I had a choice, I would move to Foster City in a heartbeat, hands down! But Foster City being so pricey, definitely not a possibility. I searched up and down the Peninsula, but with my humble teacher's salary, no can do. For a while, I thought I was going to convert and be an "East Bay girl"...sorry BruthaMan...I've changed my mind! I would've loved to be closer to my sis and of course, the weather is gorgeous most of the time, but the commute would've bitten the big one. SOOOOO...yes, MnM tends to ramble...I've found a spot in the city...the city that I've begun to fall in love with all over again. In fact, the best part of this lil' place (and it is small...but shit, it's MINE)...is that it's just a few blocks from the beach. It can't beat that! Seems like I'm always there anyways, it just makes sense. Moving out: check!

2007 continues to surprise me...to be quite honest, there was a time when I thought that nothing would ever go my way. I believed that I just had to take things for what they were and that would be that. Man...how pathetic was I?! Hell no...not anymore. Life has been good...and it continues to be blessed. It's so awesome to be able to check things off my To Do list...little by little, I'm gaining my life back...and so far, I'm loving it.

7 comments:

CLS said...

congrats. the year isn't over...so why stop there!;-)

MnM said...

thanks mrs. voodoo! once i'm settled, let's have dinner at my lil' crib! lol!

Anonymous said...

so happy things are going your way. I wish you success to all the things you do..... E

Unknown said...

Horray, for MnM!!! I'm so proud of you!

pinoygem22 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinoygem22 said...

Congrats ate MnM. As you know, I'm moving back very soon to California. The way I worked out my school schedule, I plan on going to City College of San Francisco during the summer of '08... do you think I can crash at your spot sometimes if I need to?

MnM said...

Lil' D...of course you can! i'm getting Ate's nice, comfy couch anyways! lol!