Monday, May 30, 2005

See Revenge of the Sith Again, I Did

Saturday night, hubby and I went to see Revenge of the Sith for the second time. I have to say that it was even better the second time around and I found myself noticing little things that I missed before. I still thought it intense and the light saber battles were just as awesome as before. Aside from the fighting and the imminent doom of the Jedi, I had more time to focus on the drama of Anakin finally giving into the Dark Side. I still think that it happened too fast in the movie, but I forget that it has been a struggle for him for a while now. I was just telling my sister today that in I did not really care for Hayden Christensen's acting in episodes I and II. Okay, yes he was young and all, but I was not at all impressed. He was just so damn whiny and brooding. He definitely improved in this latest one...still whiny and brooding, but in my opinion, he makes for one almost sexy Darth Vader! lol!

Didja know... in Return of the Jedi DVD that was just recently released, there were some changes that were made to enhance the visual effects. One major change that I didn't catch until recently was at the very end of the movie where everyone is celebrating with the Ewoks, etc, and Luke looks off into the distance and sees a vision of Yoda, Obi-wan, and Anakin/Darth Vader. In the original movie, Luke does indeed see the three, but the Anakin/Darth Vader that they show is the original actor. In the re-release, they took him out and put Hayden Christensen in! I was watching it, I swear, I was marveling at what a great casting they did to make Christensen look like the original Sebastian Shaw...but lo and behold, it IS Christensen! I only knew that because I had to google it and found an article how all of these diehard Star Wars fans were outraged at the change. I don't know...I think it's a pretty cool change.

Il Divo

Have you heard of this group? Il Divo is the product of American Idol judge Simon Cowell's music company. It's an all-male singing group with an international flair. Each dude is from a different country- Switzerland, France, Spain, and the U.S. If you can imagine four Josh Grobans, that is Il Divo...but much better looking. lol! I first heard about them on Oprah and well, if Oprah likes them, I'm sold! Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the actual show, but after visiting the website, I had to get the cd. According to Cowell, these are the best singing voices he has ever heard. Most of the songs are in Italian, Spanish, and a couple in English. It's very romantic if you ask me. Check their site or Oprah's site to hear their Spanish version of Toni Braxton's "Unbreak My Heart."

Summer Has Arrived

It's getting hot in here! I know that it seems that I'm always complaining about the weather, but for real, it's hot! Okay, it's not that uncomfortable hot just yet and we're lucky that there are slight breezes now. Come next month or hell, come this weekend, we're going to be hitting the 80's. The one thing that I dread most about Minnesota summers is the humidity. We're not quite there yet, but we're close. We've got our fans around the house now and just tonight hubby asked whether or not we should bust out the A/C. I opted not to. Why? 'Cuz we don't need our bill to skyrocket. I say, save it for the ultra hot nights that we're bound to get and for now, suck it up for as long as we can. It has been nice to walk out in tsinelas or slippers, and I've had to dig into my drawers for my sleeveless tops...gotta work on that tan, y'know? Oh, and if you didn't see that wonderful pic of the monster mosquito that we killed, it just reminds me that I forgot to put citronella candles on our shopping list. Yes, citronella. Something most Bay Areans don't have to think about. Helps ward the mosquitoes away...supposedly. Aiya.

No comments: