Thursday, November 18, 2004

So Many Things, So Little Time


I swear, there are not enough hours in the day. Today is my day off and I plan on being as productive as possible. Here's my To Do list items for today and tomorrow in no particular order.


- Address Christmas cards. Yes, I have this "thing" where I like to have my cards addressed BEFORE Turkey Day. Call it being anal on my part, but I feel that if they're not done prior to my Thanksgiving deadline, they'll never get done. When I was younger, the day after Thanksgiving was always, always, always THE day to set up our Christmas tree and decorations. It's tradition. If I don't get my cards done, this sense of urgency sets in and I feel rushed to do too many things at once. I can gladly say that I'm halfway done with this project...considering that I have over 80 people on my card list!


- Buy stamps. Yet another anal aspect...I am VERY picky about what kind of stamps go on my personal mail. Hubby couldn't really care less, but I don't like to settle for the generic, plain, $.37 flag stamps. Yes, yes, it's all good to be patriotic especially in the times we're living in, but I have my preferences. The last stamps I got was the Disney collection. Too cute. I always ask for the LOVE colllection, but since the holidays are upon us, I'll have to check out the Christmas ones.


- Hem pants. Ahhhh...the curse of being short. In any other case, I could easily hem up my own pants, but I just bought this Addidas nylon running pants and I don't want to screw 'em up. Maybe it's because we're in Viking territory, but none of the clothes I've been buying fit me perfectly. Back in the day, if something was too long, all we had to do was peg them. Yes, PEGGED pants was totally in! Lol! Other remedies: using rubberbands, pinning, and stapling. Talk about GHETTO!


- Buy LOTTO. We could ALL use the money, can't we??? And why is it that the lucky bastards who always win are some young'uns who don't know what a real working day feels like. Shiet.


- Buy Hard Rock Cafe shot glasses. The soon-to-be-Mrs. Gee has special requested some shot glasses from the Hard Rock over here. Back in college when I got to drinking age, I admittedly got into that hobby of collecting shot glasses. I haven't bought any as of late. The whole drinking thing? I'm over it. Blame it on a night at Miyakes and Q's...ugh. Let's not go there.


- UOP. My new class starts today. It's an 8-week course, but I just learned that we get scheduled breaks for Turkey Day and Christmas. Yay! That means that for most of my stay in the Bay won't have to be spent with late nights on assignments. WERD!


- Dress/Skirt/Shoe shopping. It's about a week before the weddings and I've seriously don't have a thing to wear! I've been on a mission for about a month now, but it's time to buckle down and get something already. If finances are good, I'll be able to get two new outfits for both weddings. If not, well, I may have to wear the same outfit! Is that bad???


*Let's see just how much I get accomplished today.*

No comments: