Sunday, October 17, 2004

Latest Complaints


- It's started. The cold weather. The time has come where we have to bust out our gear and prepare our bodies the best that we can for the literally bone numbing, bone chilling season these people here call winter. Recall the comment I made about the wind being crisper? About the definite change in temperature? Well my friends, that crisp wind has suddenly transformed into the razor sharp blade of a knife that not only cuts you as it passes, but takes deep stabs repeatedly to make you gasp for air. Okay...a bit of an exaggeration. Still, my fingers are feeling almost arthritic, too cold and too stiff to even type. I've even gone to bed wearing socks. I NEVER wear socks when I sleep! As I type this, I am covered head to toe- sweatpants, sweatshirt with a hood, socks, and a fleece throw around my shoulders. In his office, hubby is resigned to his boxers, er, um, shorts and a t-shirt...(aw c'mon...ain't no one here but us!). It's not fair that he has such a hot-bodied temp while I'm over here freezing my ass off.


On my way to the grocery store today, tiny pieces of ice were falling from the sky, only to melt as they made contact with anything concrete. Yes peoples, 'tis the first sign of snow! Although it's been in the mid-30's (BRRRRRR!), it's not cold enough for any falling snow to stick just yet. Hahaha, look at me sounding all knowledgable about the weather here in MN! HA!


- I don't know what came over us yesterday, but hubby and I decided to hit the Mall of America. On a weekend. On a busy, overly crowded, bumping shoulder to shoulder to prevent the masses with kids in tow, crazy shop-filled weekend. We tend to get this claustrophobic feeling whenever we get into these crazy crowds of people and yesterday was no different. It really messed up the shopping vibe that we had on the way there. Well, though we left early, all was not totally lost. Hubby got some new kicks for the winter time...we had a YUM dinner at Stampede Steakhouse...and we got to see Pikachu perform live onstage with other Pokemon characters. By the way, all of the above mentioned are true EXCEPT for one! Lol!


- I'm itching for my current online class to be over. It's not so much the content of the class that bothers me, it's the people. Know how there are always a select few who dominate class discussion? And y'know how these online courses require that we work in teams? Well lucky me happened to be put in the team with all three madaldal, neverending, won't shut their mouths for a second classmates. Even though I can't "hear" them, they make themselves heard loud and clear. And I'm about done with them.


On a Brighter Note...


MnM has been searching the want ads for quite some time now. Without the proper certification, it's been quite the obstacle to find a job that I'm actually qualified for. As far as teaching jobs, I've basically concluded that they are out of my reach in the meantime. So, I've decided to go elsewhere...unfortunately Barnes & Nobles and Borders passed me up. Hmph. Their loss. I would've made a good book shelver- lol! Eh, I guess it wouldn't have been so conducive 'cuz I'd be constantly tempted to read on the job!


I saw an ad in the paper for Lakeshore Learning Center. It's a teacher resource store. It's one of the stores that I'd probably frequent often had I been in the classroom now. I figure that this may be the closest thing I get to being near a classroom. Anyways, there's a brand new store opening and I went down to apply. I was basically interviewed on the spot. The store manager just moved from the L.A. area and so we talked California stuff for a bit. So we're talking and talking, and then she takes me to the side with a folder with paperwork to fill out. She starts explaining what each form is and I'm taken aback. I had to ask, "Um, so filling out this paperwork means that I'm hired?" And she says yes.


I'm happy, I'm cool. I mean, I'm definitely not in it for the money 'cuz egads, it's almost embarrassing how much I make. But it'll give me something to do besides sit around the house, tinker with the laptop, and try to do my homework. The extra money will come in handy though.


*Btw: hubby is back from his trip from the East Coast. I have to say that the apartment was lonely and that it's nice to have him back. 'Twas sweet that he came back with some pasalubong of some University of Maryland sweatshirts, or as hubby would say, the "real U. of M." (not University of Minnesota). Thanks for the gift, hubby- glad you're back 'cuz I missed ya'!






No comments: