Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Summer Is Here

If I'm not mistaken, summer technically starts on June 21. Well, not here in MN, my friends. It arrived in full force yesterday that brought temps up in the 90's! We're safe in the confines of our a/c'd out apartment, but once you step over that threshold into the hallway, BLAM! Hot, humid, muggy air.

I had to run errands yesterday and when I saw the sun shining through the blinds, I told hubby that I should just walk...he laughed. I was serious, I mean, the weather was definitely improving and I've been making too many damn excuses to get my ass outta the house. I've been saying, "If only we lived near a Lake Merced, I'd walk all the time." Shiet...we live near what, a thousand Lake Merceds! Okay, call is laziness, but if you see some of these lakes out here, not only are they HUGE, but some of them are so heavily wooded...y'know, as in it's a good place to hide a dead body heavily wooded. Hey man, call me paranoid, but I ain't trying to become a statistic or anything. Yes, yes, this CA minded gal has yet to adjust to the ever so trusting Midwest lifestyle, yet something tells me, I don't think I ever will.

ANYWAYS, I decided to drive and boy, was I glad I did! The walk alone from the complex to my car parked outside was hotter than a mutha!

Another reason for me to believe that summer is here is due to the overabundance of s.c.b..."scantily clothed bodies." Let's just say that after enduring the length of this past winter, I understand peoples' needs to shed their skins and get some sun. Now it being mostly putis over here, us brown folk would shudder at exactly how RED they get...I'm talking lobtser red! SUNBLOCK PEOPLE! I saw so many s.c.b's that scared me 'cuz they were whiter than my car (MnM's Honda: white). Plus, there's also all the s.c.b's that SHOULD NOT be, if you know what I mean. I'm all about being confident in your skin and being comfortable in what you wear, but some people (myself included!) should not be wearing certain things regardless of what the weather is. Sure I'll risk wearing sleeveless tanks, but some ladies just shouldn't wear ones that show their tummies (notice the plural form)! Now I know what my weight should be, but compared to the Viking-esque bodies over here, I feel tiny! Still, still...I've got a long ways to slimming down to my desired weight and hopefully this summer, it'll happen. In the meantime, stay tuned to the many fashion faux pas of the s.c.b. to come...

No comments: