Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Ages and Ages Hence

'Tis not quite a Shakespearean quote, but it's how I feel about not blogging for the past two weeks. Honestly, there hasn't been much to blog about. There's been tons on my mind, but sometimes my muddled thoughts seem so obscure that I somehow subconsciously back them up in a corner somewhere with the intention of coming back to figure it all out later. The problem is, later never comes. As a result, those thoughts remain there...lurking, probing, fermenting...keeping me up in the wee hours of the morning because my mind refuses to give it a rest.

I've often thought that perhaps I divulge too much information that anyone would have no business caring about. Other times, I feel that I'm not being totally honest with my feelings and that I censor my words knowing that this person or that will be reading this blog. Most times, I say SCREW IT! For that brief moment when I seem to stumble in my need to express myself, good or bad, those hidden thoughts often reveal themselves. Sometimes decipherable, sometimes not. Sometimes worth sharing, sometimes not. Ultimately, what we are most passionate about is shared freely to anyone who listens, but tonight, they remain unspoken. "The rest is silence." (And that, my friends, IS a Shakespearean quote taken from Hamlet).

What's with Shakespeare tonight? Hey people, whatever and whoever inspires...

***Hey Eastbay, don't unsubscribe just yet! You may be one of the few faithful ones we have...be a pal. =)

No comments: