Thursday, June 03, 2004

I'm So Stoked

The new installment of the Harry Potter series, Prisoner of Azkaban, opens up in theaters tomorrow. Just last night, I finished reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...all 734 pages of it. I honestly can't see lil' kids as young as 3rd grade reading it. The sheer weight of the book would be enough to turn off some people. Plus, if the images created in my mind are as realistic as I make them, these kids wouldn't be able to sleep at night. As for me, the thicker the book, the better. The book was so intense that while I was reading in bed last night, I must've been so engrossed in the last few chapters that I didn't even hear hubby come into the room. I had the book sitting on my chest ('cuz it's so darn heavy to hold up) close up when I supposed that hubby was going to give me a good night's kiss. I suddenly felt something near me and not being able to see anything else 'cuz the book was so close, my body jerked. My insides screamed, my body went tense, and before I knew it, I had clocked hubby on the side of his face! He had this dumbstruck look as if he couldn't believe what just happened. While I was totally relieved that it wasn't He-who-must-not-be-named coming after me, I felt so bad that hubby had to pay for my lack of body control. Lesson to be learned here? Don't sneak up on anyone reading any known intense books, especially when they're in the last few chapters. Sorry hubby!

My goal before my next online class started was to finish reading the entire Harry Potter series. Well, I didn't quite succeed, but I did manage to get through #1-4. That's 1,819 pages! I just started on The Order of the Phoenix and I'm so stoked 'cuz it's over 800 pages. And just to keep with the spirit of the movie coming out tomorrow, I watched The Sorcerer's Stone and The Chamber of Secrets on dvd today. Now when we watch Prisoner of Azkaban tomorrow, it'll all be fresh in my mind. What a nerd, eh???

School is In, School is Out

I started up on my new online class today. 'Tis a Math and Science class for 8 weeks. Ugh. Not that this'll matter to anyone else, but my assignments are due at midnight Eastern time. That means, I have to have my work done by 11pm my time. Boo! Of course if I was preparing my crap ahead of time, this wouldn't be an issue, but experience has told me that I tend to work well under pressure.

While school is in for me, school is out for the rest of the country. By tomorrow or next week, all these kids will be out free, roaming the streets, crowding the malls, acting like the knuckle-headed kids that they are to celebrate the end of yet another school year. But it's official now though. It's been a full school year that I've been unemployed. Wow. And have I found a position for the next school year? That would be a no. Aiya. Well, we'll have to see how the summer search goes and perhaps, just maybe, I'll be lucky. In any case, cheers to all my teacher friends who are ridding themselves of their classes for a hopefully relaxed summer break.

Shout-Out

Just want to give an anniversary shout out to my Pinay sista Sharon and her hubby, Vic on their 4th wedding anniversary. What a great way to celebrate than on the last day of the school year, too! Much love to you both and wishing ya'll many many more years together...

No comments: