Monday, February 15, 2010

Days Off Rock

I LOVE days off of work...who doesn't? Today is President's Day. It's already 1pm and I haven't really done much. So far, I had a late breakfast with da fam after sleeping in. That's about it.

At this point in the year, it's safe to assume that for most teachers, we live for these lil' holidays. Us teachers enjoy the lil' perks, you know. My school had last Friday off for Chinese New Year! Sweet, yah? It's been a productive past few days. We got to hang out with Sweet's family, got to watch "Valentine's Day" in the theaters on opening day, and even spent an evening watching "500 Days of Summer" and "The Time Traveler's Wife" on dvd. I love those kind of days! Just hanging out with family and my sweets is all I really need.

I SHOULD be correcting papers. I've had FOUR days to organize my unending piles. It's embarrassing, really, to see how far behind I've gotten in my corrections. But in my defense, I've been really TIRED! I'll get to it today...eventually. Really. I will.

What AM I doing instead? Well, besides trying to get myself back into writing mode, my mind is completely distracted with other things...mainly, moving out!

Moving, in and of itself, is just a sucky process. BUT...if it means that my commute will be shorter, that I'll have more time to get back into running (just in time for the upcoming Bay to Breakers in May!), that I'll have more time to sleep at normal hours, and that I'll be with my sweets? Well shoot, it's all worth it! I'm excited and nervous at the same time...it's only a matter of a couple of days when I know for certain that things will be moving forward...sayin' my prayers...

As is my routine for Sunday evenings, I'll wait until the last minute to get started on my papers...work until the wee hours of the morning...lay my head down for what I believe will be 5 minutes...wake up to find that I've been out for TWO extra hours...head into murderous traffic that will make my commute way longer than it should...and be late for work. Ugh. Sounds awful!

Okay, okay...maybe I should start on my work now. Wish me luck.

No comments: