Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hangin' With the Girls

What a weekend! Hung out with RyceGirlie yesterday for dinner before heading out to Element Lounge in downtown San Francisco for Monkeyballz's farewell bash. Now, 'tis been a while since I've been out and about at a club and honestly, if it wasn't for Monkeyballz leaving the country, I think I would've passed. It wasn't bad at all, but I think I'm over the club scene. Thanks to RyceGirl for coming out for dinner, drinks, and dancing...we made it fun! Okay, okay, sure we had funky, no-rhythm wandering dude roll up every so often...then there's saxophone man messing with everyone's beats (dude, go away!)...then there were the two homies who were getting down with Beyonce's Crazy In Love...but yah, that's when we said we needed some water. LOL! Can't forget small B from the bar...awwwww, he was cute...just small! Aside from the spilled drinks and the go-get-a-room couple, it was cool to bust out our old skool moves...see? We made it fun...so what if we got tired before 1am?!

So I have to admit that since it has been a long time, I've forgotten the names of drinks...c'mon, I didn't want to sound like a total dork ordering this or that at the bar! Yes, I had to ask my girlfriends for recommendations and suggestions as to what to get- I ended up getting an apple martini first, then a cranberry and vodka. Hmm...both tasted a lot like a kool-aid drink (which could be dangerous!), but I was somewhat disappointed to not feel any buzz. Dammit! While it was fun to get out and see Monkeyballz get her groove on (you go girl!), I know for sure that I can't be doing this kinda thing too often...sheesh...I think I'm getting old!

Prior to my "night on the town" (if I can even call it that!), my fam threw a surprise bridal shower for my aunt. Her wedding is coming up and with all the stress that's accompanied it thus far, it was fun to step away from it for a little bit and play games, spend time, reminisce, and eat. We did play this one game called "I Never"...everyone started off with 10 candy kisses...and each person has to come up with something they never did (for example, I've never been to Europe), but for those who HAVE done whatever it is, they have to give up a candy to that person. Whoever has the most candies at the end is the winner. This game was pretty hilarious to see some losing candies, some getting them back, and it was also fun to learn some new things about the famiy that I didn't know before. My Lola had a good one- "I've never drank soda in my entire life." Wowzers! We all had to give her a candy!

Even though it was a small gathering, all of us getting together is always FUN and LOUD. Then, I don't know how it all started, but Bebe-Ballerina girl started giving out mini-makeovers...I helped straighten hair and she did makeup. All of us got something done...yes, my mom included! And hey, how convenient that she was there to make me up for the club! Hee hee!

Wedding is in 13 days...the countdown has begun...

No comments: