Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Few Things...

St. Francis Woods
Just had to mention that on my way to West Portal for tonight's dinner, I took my alternate route through St. Francis Woods. Back in high school, my girlfriends and I had "chosen" which homes we would live in....had we the millions of dollars to afford to live there, that is...lol. I remember claiming this one corner house off Monterey Blvd with white, tall columns and this long curvy driveway. Each and every time I passed it, I couldn't help but stare in wonder because I thought it was one of the most beautiful houses I've ever seen. I'd imagine living there and parking my luxury car in the driveway. Even though that was years when I claimed that house, whenever I do pass it now, I always remember and think of my high school days. I've always loved driving through St. Francis Woods because to me, it was cool to drive through the rich neighborhood. I loved seeing the beautiful homes with their perfectly trimmed hedges and surrounding landscapes...but driving through after dinner, it doesn't fail to wow me again. Seeing things at night always gives you a different perspective and just like over candlelight, things just seem a little bit more romantic. It's the same with this neighborhood. With the streetlamps lit, there's this sort of old school mystique to the place, I can't quite put my finger on it. Just another reminder of how beautiful our city is...because sometimes I forget.

Starbucks
After Hahn's Hibachi, I headed over to Starbucks with Helene. Yay for coffee! Again, I got that nostalgic feeling because it's been years, literally, since I've been to this particular coffee shop. Back in college, I remember passing by EVERY DAY for a mocha frappachino. What makes that thought so bad (when I look back on it) is that I'd start each morning at State with a coffee drink, go to my classes, and at the end of the day, head to West Portal Starbucks for yet, another coffee drink. Geez..and people wonder why kids in college never sleep! Now that the school year is over, I really have to cut down. As sad as it is to admit, I've become quite addicted..and I told myself that I'd NEVER become one of those people who HAD to have coffee....danggit! Well, let's see how the summer goes...if not Starbucks, how about Jamba Juice???

Coincidentally...for all of you Starbucks drinkers....do you take time to READ your cup? That's right....read! In case you haven't, the next time you order your coffee, mocha, latte, or whatever, read the cup. There is a "the way I see it" snippet...I really enjoy reading these random thoughts and I think if anything, they all make good conversations (over coffee) starters. I will try and update here and post what is found on MY cup of the day...interesting stuff...

New Blog Buddy
Just wanted to introduce a new blog link that I've added....Ethan's Mommy. I've been bugging Ethan's Mommy for quite some time now to get a blog going to keep track of how year one of being a mama has been. It's better late than never! Welcome to blogworld, girlfriend...can't wait to read up on how cutiepie baby Ethan is doing!

Click Me feature
If you look to the right, you'll notice a sidebar with "Click Me" and a couple of pictures of Il Divo. It's a new feature by blogger where you could attach links to youtube.com videos. What's so neat is that instead of taking you to the youtube.com site, a video pops up on my site instead! What's even cooler is that the featured videos change...I think, on a daily basis! Okay, okay, so ya'll are not huge Il Divo fans like me (shame on you!), but humor me anyways and click on them for a clip of one of their songs. Let them romance you and you could see for yourself why I LOVE them so much! (yes, yes, I am crazy...for Il Divo!)

Birthday Shout-out
Just wanted to send a belated birthday shout-out to E- hope your 35th was a blast! Love, hugs, and prayers to you!

Congratulations!
Wishing Enilora C lotsa love and hugs for graduating high school! Girl, I am SO PROUD of you...success will find you at UC Irvine and wherever you go. Love and miss you...know that I am here for you always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for d birhtday shut-out