Thursday, June 21, 2007

Change of Seasons

Today is the official start of summer- June 21. (btw: the pic above was taken at Ocean Beach today...was such a fabulous day in the city!) It's always mind-blowing at how quickly time passes and how the year goes by in a flash. For all of us teachers, once Memorial Day hits, it's the sure signal that the end of the school year is just around the corner. It's also at that point where we do that panicky self-assessment and realize that we're nowhere close to completing all of the work, projects, and activities that was originally planned. Seriously...where does the time go?

Hung out with the BFF and Monkeyballz (love that name!) today for lunch and shopping. Finally ate at BJ's at Tanforan...I didn't know that it was a Chicago style pizza place! Pretty yum (had mini Great White pizza...chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, and alfredo white sauce) and the avocado rolls were surprisingly good, too. As always, time with these two is full of fun, jokes, and laughter...and apparently, eating off of each other's plates, too! In some ways it's sad because Monkeyballz is headed off to Beijing next month...and she'll be staying there for a two-year teaching gig! The opportunity is really awesome because not only does she get to travel and teach abroad, but part of the contract includes a fully furnished apartment with full amenities. How dope is that? It really works out and the fact that she's young and single (omg...she's going to come back married....lol) makes the decision to leave a little bit easier, I think. Work definitely won't be the same without her and we three definitely feel like we should've been hanging out more BEFORE this whole decision to go. But it's all good...the conversations, fellowship, advice, venting, laughing, eating, and the shopping (you two have a serious impulsive shopping disorder....i thought we'd NEVER leave Charlotte Russe!) has been so much fun...and even though she'll be gone for a bit, we look forward to her return. Two years will fly by in a flash...guaranteed.

Speaking of Charlotte Russe...yes, yes, it's a store that I never go in myself...but was dragged by the shopaholics themselves...I DID find this pair of shoes. Lol!
(alright...so it was an impulsive buy...just like those Ann Taylor sunglasses they coaxed me to buy!) Aren't they cute? Totally not my style, but oh well, what the heck! 'Tis time to try something new!

Just for the record...I finally got my contacts, which, btw, came with the interesting retinal imaging thingy where they take a picture of the inside of the eye to make sure everything is a-ok. Fortunately, my eyes are good to go, but the queasiness wouldn't go away as my eye doctor gave me a comprehensive look at the inards of my eye via the computer image. Seriously...this is one of the major reasons why I cannot be in any type of medical field...everything just grosses me out! In any case, got the contacts, and yes BFF and Monkeyballz...it means I can finally wear the shades- whoo hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeahhh!! finally contacts and lookin stunning in them stunner shades!

MnM said...

aw, thanks monkeyballz! well shoot, you peer-pressured me to get the shades...so it BETTER look stunning! LOL! thanks girl!