Monday, March 12, 2007

Today is your birthday and I'm wondering how you are. Our life together almost seems like it never happened and it's sad to think that a man I vowed to spend the rest of my life with is but a stranger to me now. What do you wish for today? For me, I wish you happiness, but most of all, my wish for you is to face your fear. Your fear is letting people in and of allowing people to see the real you. And the problem with that is that you've lost touch and reality of who you really are. Even YOU don't know yourself- the person staring back at you in the mirror is only the picture you painted for yourself to cover up lie after lie- you became someone else. How could I have known you if you didn't and still don't know yourself? Who are you and what part of you did you allow me to know and see? Which part was real? I went to the beach today to escape the reality that is my life and ours, and the first thought that came to mind as I saw the waves was you. However turbulent, inconsistent, unsteady they were, however fierce, bold, strong, or calming, you will always equal waves to me. You were such a huge part of my life and now you're gone. Do you still wonder about me like I wonder about you? Do you still remember my daily routines, what I do when I get up or what I do before I go to sleep? Because I still remember yours and as much as I try and get them out of my head, I can't. What is the one wish that you're wishing for today? Whatever it is, I wish it for you, too...

2 comments:

shasha said...

WOW......that's all I have to say......WOW....BFF

Anonymous said...

ditto to BFF...left me with words unspoken...MonkeyBallz