Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring Forward, Fall Back

That's how I remember to turn my clock during Daylight Savings. I tell you, even though it's only an hour difference, it makes my schedule out of whack. Of course I go by the actual time on my watch, but times when I'm at the beach, for example, I go by how high the sun is. As much as possible, I love to watch the sun go down at Ocean Beach. Yes, yes, 'tis not the greatest beach in the city, but hey, it's the only one that's easily accessible.

Yesterday was one of the most beautiful days da city had! The temps were high with a slight breeze in the air...around 2:30pm, it was actually uncomfortably hot. I took my kids out to play and some actually wanted to stay indoors. I drove to the beach and not surprisingly, it was crowded. People were out and about soaking in the sun- walking their dogs, flying their kites, surfing, body boarding, couples hand-in-hand, people playing beach volleyball, futbol, and football...and of course, tons of others who were there to scope out the scenery. Let's take the obviously already high dudes parked next to me blasting their reggae. Every other word out of their mouth was f*ck this, f*ck that, dude this, dude that...I can handle that, but when they do their not-so-subtle stare downs at every passing female AND making a comment about "the booty on that one!", it's almost embarrassing to be even near them. 'Twas entertaining to watch them pick up on these Asian chicks sportin' bikini tops, offer them a hit, and then continue their little party in their 60's-Partridge-family sorta van...'course, the mini-scene where one of the dudes runs out to yak all over the sidewalk was just the best way to impress the girls, I think. Hah! But other than that, it was simply a perfect day to be out. I stayed in my car with the windows rolled down (okay, halfway rolled down on the side where freaky high guys were hangin....), letting the breeze roll through, listening to the sounds, and corrected papers.

But back to my point about Daylight Savings...I wasn't anticipating staying at the beach until 7:30pm, but because it didn't even look like it was close to sunset, I lost track of time. Okay, nevermind that I've got a ton of things to do! By that time, I was hungry and totally feeling a salad. Headed to Stonestown and by parking near Nordstroms, you can't NOT go to Borders...and well, ya'll know how I can get when it comes to books...

OH...hahaha, I can't believe this slipped my mind, but yesterday was one of those, "OH SHIT, I'M LATE!" days...don't you freakin' hate that?! Considering that I was coming from the East Bay and knowing that I have to leave by 5:30am-ish in order to beat traffic and get to school on time, waking up at 7:30am was so not cool. 'Course I still had to get gas (can you believe the price?! I got it for $3.19/gallon, but in the city, it averages around $3.27/gallon....CRAZINESS!) and coffee...so by the time I actually got on the road, it was past 8am. And to make matters worse, this week at school is standardized testing. Because I was late, I missed out on valuable testing time for the kids and am now behind schedule. But with all of those factors and considering what day it was, it was surprisingly a pleasant, hassle-free day.

No comments: