Sunday, March 11, 2007

Screwed-Up Recipe


Finally got the James Blunt cd...been wanting it for some time now. Got the 2-disc set that includes the live concert. I dig this guy. Some of his songs totally inspire me to learn piano better and to keep practicing with the guitar. Now if only I had a singing voice...

It took my terrible Thursday for me to really listen to his cd. Spent some hours at the beach to think...think, listen, write, wallow, and think some more. There's not just one song that speaks to me, but I have to say...

James Blunt music + shitty day at work + emotional drama for yo' mama + pent up feelings + frustration of current living situation + stress due to the big D... all of it equals a freakin' screwed up recipe that involves a lot of tears. As Sha told me, it wasn't a James Blunt day...but I tortured myself and listened anyways.

Add into the mix the updated PostSecret. The site is updated every Sunday and I swear, as I read each secret, whether real or not, I can somehow relate to it. I feel the pain, the sorrow, the hurt, the joy, and whatever emotions they bring. In so many ways, perhaps I read through them for selfish purposes to remind myself that my shit ain't nothing compared to other people's drama. Sometimes they're enough to bring me to tears and I swear, I get humbled. I cry for me, for them, and whoever else can relate...and that's such a freakin' big burden to carry and I can only imagine how free those people must feel to let those secrets out.

But listening to this gets me goin' for some reason...



"(Oh no) Oh lately it's so quiet in this place
You're not 'round every corner
(oh no) Oh lately it's so quiet in this place
So darlin' if your not here haunting me
Im wondering...

Whose house, are you haunting tonight?
Whose sheets you twist? Whose face you kiss?
Whose house, are you haunting tonight?

(oh no) I dont think much about you anymore
You're not on every whisper, oh
(oh no) I dont think much about you
But if you're not lurking behind every curtain
I'm wondering..."


Oh Lately It's So Quiet
-Ok Go

FYI: Jude Law alert!

Sexy man alert! The Holiday is coming out on DVD this Tuesday...I am SO there...Best Buy, Target, whatever.

This movie...that man...will totally make up for my terrible week. Oh yes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.