Thursday, October 27, 2005

Under The Weather

I have not been feeling well at all since Sunday. I'm thinking that I might've caught something after the Breast Cancer walk last Saturday. I've been coughing nonstop and could feel all this phlegm deep inside my chest. It sucks 'cuz I'm one of those people who cannot, for the life of me, cough it up. I just end up gagging with tears in my eyes.

I've been so tempted to call in sick to work, but there's so much happening that I can't afford to miss anything. It's terrible, really, because it's not my intention to get any of my students sick. Oh and I just hate it when lil' kids get sick. They're so quiet, so lethargic, and it makes you wonder WHY on earth did their parents allow them to come to school in the first place. I think our field trip that we had this past Monday to the pumpkin patch didn't help matters. It was a drizzly day, overcast, not overly cold, but just not great weather to be outdoors. The field trip itself was perfect. Our MUNI trip was hassle-free going to and from, the parents who volunteered were great, and my kids were, surprisingly, on their best behavior. Maybe the fact that some kids were left behind got them thinking twice about playing around. That's right. I left some kids behind. Didn't let them go. Had to leave them in another class. Hey, if ya'll don't bring the money and the permission slip on the due date, you gotta face the consequences. In any case, it just so happened that the ones left behind are the same kids that cause all the trouble...so less hassle for me!

Still...I've been feeling lethargic myself. No energy to correct papers. And yes, the pile is getting bigger as we speak. I was dyin' the other day when my Dayquil ran out. I think what I'd rather have is Nyquil so I could just knock da f out.

I'm hoping whatever I have clears up by next week. Parent-teacher conferences are next week...joy. Meeting with parents should be "interesting" and hopefully, things go smoothly.

Titanic: Collector's Edition

Was anyone else EXCITED that the collector's edition of Titanic was released this week?! Anyone? Anyone? You mean, the fact that there are three hours of bonus material, behind the scenes shots, and tons of deleted scenes wasn't enough for you to rush out and buy this dvd?! C'mon...it even has an alternate ending! Okay, okay...so I'm the only nerd in my circle of friends whose sole purpose of going to Target was to put my hands on that dvd! I spent all Tuesday evening going through all three discs to watch as many of the bonus material as possible. Without ruining it for anyone, although I have a funny feeling that I really wouldn't be, the deleted scenes alone had me bustin' out the tissue! There are some really good scenes that, in my opinion, should've been in the original cut. Anyways, for the cherry on top, I was browsing the book section and saw a new book by Nicholas Sparks called "At First Sight." Score!

No comments: