Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Troubling Dream

I dreamt about bees last night. Lots and lots of bees. Now if you look up any dream dictionary online, it will tell you that dreaming about bees is a good thing that symbolizes good luck, harmony, and bliss. They are also symbolic of work and industry as represented by the phrase "busy as a bee."

But to be STUNG by the bees, stung by lots and lots of bees numerous times, well that's a different story.

Being stung by a bee in a dream signifies unexpected misfortune, bad luck, and poverty.

WTF?!

This week has already been surreal, to say the least...and now I have to get all these weird, indecipherable dreams? Packing up and preparing to head back to da Bay hasn't been an easy task at all. In terms of packing, I'd like to think of myself as a (and say it with me in a filipino accent) "muther packer." The actual packing isn't the problem...deciding WHAT to pack is. But the rollercoaster of emotions have been kicking me. It's definitely going to be difficult leaving hubby and everything else behind, but I'm talking about the transition back to city life.

I have definitely gotten used to living in the 'burbs. Though the constant darkness and silence initially freaked me out, I have embraced it. The bugs are a different story...ya'll know how I feel about that. Living out here, the stars shine out in all of their glory and the peacefulness of being away from big city life is relaxing and soothing. Growing up in da city, there's constant noise...the rumbling of the MUNI passing by, ambulance sirens, fire trucks, cars cranking up music so loud that the bass makes your entire house tremble, the couple across the yard who are constantly yelling at each other and throwing pots, and my personal favorite, car chases. Here, you get none of that. What was once totally eerie has become something that I'm really going to miss.

As if there wasn't enough for me to worry about, now I have to figure out what this dream means. Of course, it could be just that- a dream. But with me, "just a dream" usually isn't the case. It just doesn't sound positive and happy, does it? Hmmm...I shall get back to ya'll on this one.

If ya'll have any thoughts or ideas of what this might mean, feel free to share.

No comments: