Tuesday, July 12, 2005

MnM PhotoAlbum

Hubby and I were on a mission yesterday to find Minehaha Falls again. We couldn't quite remember the way and seeing it was a last minute decision, we didn't have time to google directions. Instead, we ended up at the Como Park and Conservatory in St. Paul. The day was a gorgeous sunny 98 degrees. By the time we got to to Como Park, we only an hour to walk around before closing. We spent most of our time in the conservatory and it was absolutely beautiful!



I love this pic! The first time we came here, it was totally packed with visitors, but this time, hubby and I basically had it to ourselves.



I took this pic not knowing that it would look as if the statue is bending down to smell the flowers!


Here's hubby taking a rest on a bench. I love the background. You can't tell, but with the blazing heat and humidity, we were roasting!


It was by chance that we found out there was a Japanese Tea Garden on the premises.


While we were here, it didn't even seem like we were in Minnesota! The serenity of the environment was so peaceful and calm. Not too many people were there either, so it was like a private garden. In fact, there was a path blocked out that visitors can only see with a volunteer guide. We went with one and she took us to an actual operating Tea House. She explained the surrounding architecture, tea ritual, and the whole feng shui of the garden. I wish that I took a pic, but in order to get inside the tea house itself, one has to crawl through the door! It symbolizes that everyone is equal no matter what rank one is in life. There were pictures of the Tea Master...not surprisingly, he didn't look anything Japanese! lol! Interesting fact though, because this is the only operating house in MN, there is a yearlong wait list!


You can't quite tell, but I took this right when a dragonfly landed on the middle flower.


Hubby and me


This was taken a couple of weeks ago. As much as I complain about the craziness of MN weather, I tend to overlook the sunsets and cool looking evening skies.


We've been wanting to take pics at this gazebo for a while now! It's right around the corner from our house. As hubby takes a rest in the shade, check out our neighborhood in the background.


I love gazebos! I think they're just so romantic. It's located on this center island with a large grassy area where some teenyboppers have been known to sunbathe and people let their dogs run wild. I've been wanting to come out here to just read or write, but with the weather, I'm beter off inside with the comfort of a/c.


I might've mentioned before, but Snoopy creator Charles Shultz was born in St. Paul. Snoopy and friends are the craze over here! All around St. Paul and neighboring towns, one can easily spot these huge bronze statues. Here's hubby being hubby! =)

No comments: