Saturday, July 23, 2005

It's a gloomy day in our neck of the woods of the Twin Cities today. Perhaps it's because I'm leaving for the Bay today. The weather conditions are a reflection of how I'm feeling- the wind turbulence swirling outside is a combination of all of the emotions I'm battling, the falling rain are the tears of sadness, the cracking thunder is all the built up tension and stress that is enough to make me buckle, and the quick flashes of lightning are like a camera, desperately capturing everything around me in still photographs and storing them in my mind. The humidity is like frustration- it's there, nagging, making you sweat, making you thirst, and making you feel that there isn't anything you could do to escape it unless you have a/c.

As much of a good opportunity it is for me to accept that temporary teaching job in San Francisco, I'm sad to be leaving MN...sad to be leaving hubby. Maybe I just like to complain a lot. There are so many people who do what I'm doing- go elsewhere for work and be separated from their significant others. Sure it's a sacrifice and well, we all know that sacrifices are never easy to bear. Aside from all of the business trips that he's taken, this separation will be the longest that we've been apart and it will definitely take some getting used to, that's for sure.

The next few days will be busy settling back in with my parents. They've been generous enough to house me for a bit and that in itself will be a major adjustment for me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but I've always dreamed of having that independence that all kids crave when they're stuck at home. And when I finally got it, I felt a major shift in my life...a good shift, a good change.

Anyways, I've still got packing to do...pray that I have a safe flight, ya'll! The next time I'll be posting will be via archaic dial-up from my parents- LOL! Man oh man...I will SO MISS high speed internet! I'm spoiled here. ;-) Peace out!

To my hubby, I miss you already...

No comments: