Friday, February 18, 2005

I Finally Did It


I finally went and registered my beloved Honda for the state of MN. According to MN law, new residents have up to sixty days to register a car. Tsk! Tsk! So what that it took me 10 months...I ain't trying to pay any fees for not having done so and no one ain't getting hurt by it either. I did it. It's done. So there.


Can I be melodramatic for a moment? As I was signing the papers, a part of me got sad. With my California plates still on my car, I felt like that was the last thing of the da Bay that I could hold on. My car was the signature white Honda with the California plates. These plates were my idenfication. It made me stand out from the others. It made people stop and turn. It made people say, "What the hell is that Cali girl doing here?" or "Go back to where you came from, California!" It gives them permission to tailgate my ass as I drive simply because I'm from out-of-state (bastards! all of 'em!). But as of yesterday, I was forced to give into the dark side. I was forced to join the ranks of having that blue "Land of 10,000 Lakes" license plate on the back of my very Bay Area car. I no longer stand out for I was forced to conform to the greater majority. *sigh* Oh yah, plus, my car registration was due and I ain't trying to get my car taken away! LOL!


Okay, melodramatic moment over. LOL! On the real, I'm actually quite excited because as I was registering my car, I already knew that I wanted to get my plates personalized. I've always wanted to do that! (Back in the day, way before I even got my license, I really wanted to get "SMMRGRL." For all ya'll old schoolers, it's as in the 80's hit "Summer Girl" by Dino! Plus, I was picturing me driving around in my white Volkswagon Cabriolet with the top down, too! LOL! Okay...flashback over. Back to reality.) As the lady was filling out the paperwork, she asks me to write what I wanted on the plates so she could look it up in the computer to check the possibility of anyone else having it. I whispered to hubby, "I could tell you right now lady, ain't no one gonna have those plates!" Sure enough, she said it was a go. Yay! (I told you so!) So in about a few weeks time, people might be turning their heads wondering what the hell "SFPINAY" stands for! WERD!


Did Anyone See???


...the 5,000 couples who lined the streets in Manila to simultaneously kiss for the duration of 10 seconds??? Apparently, they broke the world record! Chile had 4,445 couples and the Pinoys & Pinays outdid them! With school and all, I tend to be a couple days behind in reading the paper. As I opened up the front page section, there's always a section dubbed, "Did Anyone See?" There, in black and white, was a picture of couples smooching their significant others with the headline, "Filipinos Smooching" That blew me away! C'mon...it ain't everyday that I see Filipinos in the news! I thought that was cute. I wish I had the picture. If anyone finds it, let me know!


*Here it 'tis c/o my girl, Rho! Much salam! Check out the kiss.*

No comments: