Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Home Improvement Question


Is wallpaper a DO or a DON'T?


*Trading Spaces and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy have differing opinions.


Welcome To The Neighborhood


We've been receiving so many of these "Welcome to the neighborhood" flyers and coupons since we've moved here. It's pretty cool actually. Yesterday I got a free filter and oil change for my car. Nice. Hubby actually found a welcome packet on our driveway. There were a whole bunch of flyers and magnets from local businesses and discount coupons from stores like Bed Bath and Beyond to the neighboring pizzarias. There was even an invitation to attend the town meeting.


Town meeting. Maybe it's because I spent the ENTIRE weekend glued to the TV watching Gilmore Girls season 2, but when I hear the words "town meeting," the first thoughts that run through my head is of a room full of bizarre characters discussing bizarre issues. Are we going to have the town fanatic complain about the specific height that grass should be? Will there be a crazed environmentalist rallying to save a certain bush? Will we find that we actually have a town troubadour? Perhaps I am exaggerating a tad. The Wood may not be Stars Hollow, but again, this is what goes through my mind when I hear "town meeting."


In any case, hubby and I are seriously considering going to one. For me, it's simply out of curiousity. Sure, this is a great opportunity to meet and greet our neighbors, but my main question is....will there be free refreshments? LOL! Considering that our town is booming, it'll be interesting to see what the town demographics are...yah, in other words, are there any other Pinoys/Pinays up in our area! LOL! Stay tuned...

No comments: