Thursday, December 11, 2003

I'll Stop My Yappin'...

Okay, so it's already been established, one too many times I've been told, that MnM misses the Bay Area. Hella. It's probably good that I don't notice the pathetic-ness in my writing because I would only be discouraged to pen my thoughts down at all. It's only going to be three months that I've officially been here...THREE months! But for someone who has lived her whole life in the Bay, I have to say that I've handled this move and transition quite well. The bouts of crying as I lingered over pictures of family and friends were common occurences in the beginning. So what if I got teary-eyed as I talked to Mom on the phone- hey, I'm allowed! But most, not all of it, is out of my system. Not in the sense of "out of sight, out of mind." No, that's not it at all. It's more in the sense of acceptance. Accepting that I'm here in Minnesota...COLD, COLD, COLD Minnesota...with 5 degree weather with a wind chill factor of negative 18 degrees cold and 6-10 inches of snow cold...without a job...without my beloved car....without any beaches....without E Komo Mai's khalbi ribs and mac salad...DAMN, I'm trapped in Minnesota! What the...?! lol!

Sorry about that...I couldn't resist! Just trying to be drama queen is all! See what happens when you're stuck indoors all day 'cuz the temps outside are way too freezing to go romping around like snow bunnies! They call it "cabin fever." Plus, I've been having a hard time focusing...I lose my concentration easily...LOL! On the real though, this whole move has been tough- I won't lie. But with hubby and all the cool people we've met here, they've definitely made it easier and much more bearable. Minnesota is a nice place. And when I say "nice," it's not with any sarcasm or bitterness in my voice. It's not like when guys say, "Mary? Oh yah, she's 'nice'." Whenever dudes say "nice" in reference to a girl, they usually mean that she's got a nice personality, but there's no follow up to date number two because they're not interested in "nice." Guys like that are only interested in hootchie-mamas. All I gotta say is that I'd rather be a nice girl with a dope personality, the brains to impress and intimidate, and the common sense to know if someone is worth my time. Anyways...there I go again off my tangents! Focus MnM, focus! Ah yes...Minnesota. It definitely takes some gettting used to and it really has its own beauty. They say, "you can take the girl out of San Francisco, but you can't take San Francisco out of the girl." (For some reason, I started hearing "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" in my head. Probably 'cuz there was this thang on Sports Center on Barry Bonds. Okaaayyy....focus!) As much of that rings true, this is HOME now. Plus, I don't want people to think that I'm unhappy here when just the total opposite is true. It's time to start new chapters in my life and honestly, it shouldn't matter where I am. It could very well be in freakin' Coalinga- inside joke people! Seriously, it doesn't matter where life leads me, as long as hubby and I are together, that's all that matters.

Alright Doh and Eastbay...I'll stop my yappin'...for now! =)

Birthday Shout-Outs

Just wanted to wish my lil' cuz MissyM in Texas a Happy 17th Birthday! Hope all your wishes come true and that this year brings you continued love, peace, health, and happiness. Have fun ice-skating this weekend...and go get your gellato on, girl! Much love...

No comments: