Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Will Never Be Alone

I subscribe to a daily Bible verse via KLOVE.com. If there's one thing that I really miss about living in Minnesota, it was the fact that there were so many Christian radio stations out there. I loved the fact that the midwest was so God-friendly, unlike the Bay Area. On KLOVE.com, there are plenty of resources and sites that you can browse...and if you've got satellite radio, you can tune in to the latest Christian pop/alternative songs. So I get an email everyday with a new Bible verse. Sometimes, I'll open my email, read the verse, and move on; other times, there will be days where a particular verse speaks to me and compels me to grab my Bible and read the entire passage.

I just read over my posts for the past few days...and nothing much has changed. With this rainy weather we've been hit with, it matches my mood. I'm actually glad that my cousin/roomie spends a lot of time with her man because I get the apartment to myself...lol...no one to hear me bitch and complain.

Today's verse is Psalm 42:11.

It amazes me how God speaks to us...even though I know He is all-knowing and all-powerful, His timing never ceases to amaze me. He knows the exact time you need to experience, feel, and hear something. He knows what our limit is and He doesn't give us what we cannot handle. If He brings us TO it, He will bring us THROUGH it. Even if those tough times span years, He is molding us in that way for a reason only known to Him. I know why I feel the way I feel...and at the same time, I don't know. It's crazy, right? But man...we all tend to forget that He's there for us...and we all need reminding from time to time that we are not alone.

So thank you, God, for this day. Even though I categorize it as a nightmare of a day with a thumbs down, I know that there is a purpose to all of this madness. And with regards to the other "stuff" (...eeek...banned word for my 3rd graders....) that's driving my insanity, I will take a moment to breathe and not worry. Because no matter what the outcome may be, whether it is to my liking or not, I know that I will be able to handle it because of you.

Still looking for my chi...*hoo-sa*...

No comments: