Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Walk To Remember

It never fails. Each and every single time I watch this movie, there's this tug on my heart and the tears find a way to flow. I've seen this flick enough times to know the dialogue and which songs go with which scene. It wasn't a major blockbuster, but nevertheless, it is still one of my favorite movies...not surprisingly so, the book is among my top faves as well.

So many messages spoke to me tonight, but it always comes down to what our purpose here on earth was. There's the scene when Jamie is in the hospital and she is telling Landon about an epiphany she had...she believes that Landon was sent to her so that he could help her through her sickness. I've always been a believer that each and every person that comes into our lives come into our lives for a reason. These people may leave a huge impact on you or not; either way, their place in your world didn't happen by chance.

I thought of the ex while I watched. I recall a distinct conversation where I had my own revelation of sorts. After beating myself up over and over again about my shitty situation, I came to the realization that perhaps I was sent into his life in order to help him restore his family relationships. From what he told me, his relationship with his dad was beyond repair and his relationship with his children was bare minimum. No doubt that ex-husband dude had/has his issues, but in many ways, I feel that I had a part in helping him fix what was broken. But you have to turn it around, too...what was HIS part in MY life?

My conclusion is this: I HAD to go through a rough marriage, I HAD to move away from my family & friends, I HAD to experience life in Minnesota, I HAD to be where I was IN ORDER to find Christ. Plain and simple. If it wasn't for ex-husband dude, my faith wouldn't be as strong and I wouldn't feel as convicted about Christ as I do today.

Also, I honestly believe that I had to be broken down, hurt, and lied to IN ORDER to become stronger AND so that when I DID find love again, it would be the real deal. It's as if I was given 8 years of crap IN ORDER for me to enjoy what is yet to come. Of course life ain't perfect and I'm probably in for a few more curve balls in life, but still, I am a better person because of it all.

Hah...all this from watching a movie, eh?

No comments: