Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Time Flies!

Man, where does the time go?! From my last post, I was in da Bay trying to settle back into homelife with the parents and busy setting up the classroom. Currently, I'm back in MN, readjusting to the freakingly hot and humid weather. This whole back and forth has got my body going overtime from cold, foggy nights to the whole sweatin'-even-though-I'm-just-sitting-here activities. I can't complain, though, I have missed the comfort of my own bed.

Being back doesn't mean a break from the classroom prep stuff- on the contrary! I've been running around to teacher supply stores, printing up a storm with class lists and other necessary paperwork, and all the while trying to mentally prepare myself for the upcoming school year. I don't feel ready just yet. I mean, being back at Cornerstone while I was setting up was yet another surreal experience. After my last year teaching, I was completely and utterly sad. I felt as if I found my niche in the whole scheme of things- teaching. While I knew that Cornerstone would be a stepping stone of sorts, I still missed it and the many people who I worked with. Being back is weird...so many changes. Not that change is a bad thing. 'Tis just a lot to digest and take in is all. Well, my biggest hope is that despite all of the nervousness I feel and nevermind the fact that it's been TWO YEARS since I've been in front of a classroom, I hope and pray that after the first initial ten minutes of the first day of school that something just clicks in my head and that it all comes back to me. I hope.

Haven't had time to post some pics of Mrs. Lily's wedding just yet- it turned out to be a beautiful day though! The morning started off foggy and overcast, but just as the ceremony began, the sun broke through. Nice. Mrs. Lily looked like a princess in her gown and wow, she has never looked happier. Dinner was a 10-course dinner...or at least I think it was 10...I stopped counting after the lechon. Crispy skin...yum! Besides the fact that everything was in Chinese, it was nice to see familiar faces and catch up on what I've missed. Pics to come soon...

So being back in MN has been good...I've had time to hang out with hubby, discuss things here and there, and just spend time with him. It's been weird to be away from him for so long and being back home has been good. The kids fly in from San Diego tonight and we will be having a full house! I'm excited to see them and just hope that they'll enjoy their stay. I'm here for one more week and by the time I get back to the Bay, it's straight to work for me.

I totally hate it when there's a lull in between blog posts...I tend to want to write about everything that's happened! But laundry loads await...

No comments: