Friday, August 26, 2005

What Were You Like

20 Years Ago: (1985 - I was 11)

- was in 5th grade and envious of all of the "couples" that were sprouting up around school (can you believe that?!)

- caught the chickenpox from a boy and our entire table caught it!

- learned how easy it was to cheat during a test! (OMG, that's so bad!)

- remembered that I did a state report on Delaware and a president report on Reagan

- was a HUGE fan of As The World Turns, Days of Our Lives, and other soaps. HUGE.

15 Years Ago: (1990 - I was 16)

- was a sophomore in high school and teased my bangs every morning

- participated in my Mareng Wena's cotillion...and met my first "bad boy"

- actually had my then-guy ask my parents permission to "court" me...and they said NO!

- went to Russia on a student exchange program that summer for three weeks..that is, Russia before it fell.

- loved, loved, loved New Kids on the Block and was even part of the fan club! (had to be on the same page as Consuela now!)

10 Years Ago: (1995 - I was 21)

- went to my first 21+ over gay club on my birthday, Club Universe!

- attended SFState and was all about PACE

- started rebelling more, gave my parents headaches

- was itching to get out of my parent's house..no joke.

5 Years Ago: (2000 - I was 26)

- after being an after school teacher & sub, I was hired to be a 3rd grade teacher

- went on road trips with then-boyfriend hubby

- went to Washington D.C. and drove through the Eastern shorebord to Connecticut (went through 7 states in one day!)

3 Years Ago: (2002 - I was 28)

- got married

- moved out into our own apartment in Foster City...and LOVED IT.

- enjoyed having a commute...did I just say that?

Last Year: (2004 - I was 30)

- let 5 of my 7 ear piercings close...because when I turned 30, I felt I had to do something "drastic"

- got my 3rd tattoo to make up for the loss of my ear pierces!

- was constantly complaining about MN and how much I missed CA

- was relieved when my car was finally delivered to MN

- went camping in the Wisconsin wilderness....with thousands, if not millions of mosquitoes! *shudder, shudder!*

- Hubby and I bought and moved into our 1st home

This Year: (2005 - I am 31)

- I will finish up my Masters in Education by Thanksgiving

- Moved back to CA temporarily to fill in a maternity position at school

- Spent a week hanging out with my stepkids

- I finally learned how to upload my digital pics to my laptop!

- I will drive from Minnesota to CA this coming Labor Day weekend

Yesterday:
- woke up all freaked out because of the dream I had: War of the World-esque

- had a much better day at school =)

- debated whether or not to get gas or if dad's car could go one more day

- was totally frustrated with my a computer problem

Last Night:

- had a really bad stomach ache

- worked on my lesson plan book

- talked to hubby

- actually went to bed early

Today:

- got to work by 6:45am

- saw my former students from my 1st class =)

- planned out the driving route from MN to CA

- am thankful today is Friday!

Tomorrow:

- might be sore from running during PE today

- will catch up on much needed rest

- will go to church with RyceGirlie

- do laundry

- work on lesson plans

Next Year:

- hopefully have a new job

- maybe have a new tatt...i'm itching for another one!

- will be slimmer in time for The Weekender's wedding!

5-10 Years From Now:

- have a couple of kids, living in Hawaii, enjoying life, and be completely debt-free

*And even though I may "tag" these people, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will actually read my blog and know they were tagged. In any case, I tag Bebe, MsbLiSs, RyceGirlie, Keyopes, the Weekender, and Mrs. Voodoo. Enjoy!

No comments: