Saturday, August 13, 2005

Time Flies...Part Deux

So I was just rereading my last post and I had cut it short because I had loads of laundry to do. Alas, nothing has changed! With three extra heads in the house comes three extra plates of food, three extra plates of dishes, three extra pairs of shoes lined up, and lots of extra clothes for laundry. But I can't complain 'cuz it's been nice to have a full house. I don't actually have to figure out how to cook for two anymore and the house is rarely as quiet as it usually is. I like it.

I can say that this is the first time that this house has had REAL guests...not that when some of the church kids sleep over that they're not real, but that hubby's kids aren't here for just an overnight stay. Of course they're not real guests either because they consider this to be their second home away from home.

Our sleeping patterns are definitely jacked up. And because our sleeping patterns are jacked, so are our eating schedules. But we're getting better. The kids needed extra time to sleep in and with all the "pashal-pashal" we've been doing, we all end up coming back home exhausted. Just the other day, we spent about 2-3 hours in the pool (and yes, MnM finally got some color!). Later in the evening, I felt the soreness in my legs and arms. The following day, we spent some time at the Mall of America. The kiddies got to ride the rides and although we didn't do tons of walking around the mall itself, the whole waiting in line for the rides was hell on my feet. For some reason, the mall was unusually crowded. Argh. I mean, c'mon people, aren't ya'll supposed to be at work?! Lol! Well, I suppose that the summer months ARE prime time for tourists anyways, but still, we just chose a wrong day to go to MOA. Then the day after that, we headed out to the malls to do some shopping. I tell you, I feel like I haven't been on my feet so much like I've been these past few days!

Oh, and to top it all off, I've become the designated playmate Noe, the youngest. Again, I can't complain because she's the funniest thing! Plus for the past few days, she's always been the first to get up in the morning. I can always tell when she's up because she's either walking around (and you could hear when people are walking around) or I can hear her open up our bedroom door, peek in, and then close the door again. Or, I'll wake up, do my bathroom morning routine, and when I'm done, I'll find her in our room playing with Legos on the floor or sitting on our bed. But the cutest thing is how as disheveled and sleepy-eyed as she is, she'll always greet you with a cheery "Good Morning!"

Anyways, I don't have time to post pics...dang, I still have to put up Mrs. Lily's wedding! But when I get back to the Bay, I'll try my best not to forget. I leave for da city on Monday evening and yes, I'm pretty bummed that I won't be around for the rest of their stay here in MN. It's been cool...hanging out, talking about boys, shopping, and whatnot. OH...totally forgot to mention that I colored the two older girls' hair! Aiya! All I said was, "You guys better check in with your mom FIRST before I do anything!" 'Tis all good though....turns out that they've been wanting to color their hair for some time now, so in essence, I got to play Salon with them. So girly! LOL!

So yah, I'm sad to be leaving, but totally glad to have some spent some time with them, however short. When I get back, it'll be time for school. But not to worry about hubby...I will be back in MN for Labor Day 'cuz hubby and I will be driving my beloved Honda back to CA. We WILL make the trip in TWO days!!! Hopefully...

Okay...laundry awaits again....

Shout-Outs

Just wanted to send some belated shout-outs to some people whose birthdays I missed. For some reason, August is filled with birthday babies!

The Weekender turned 31 on the 1st of the month! Happy belated girly! Her and some other Leos had a huge bash at Zebulons in the city. Apparently it was a reunion of sorts of hella PACE/SFSTATE heads! Other August babies include Dr. C, Mr. JP, and XPOrider, too. Wanted to send a Happy 2nd birthday to Mommy Hernandez's lil' Noah! Happy birthday sweetie pie! Lastly, just wanted to send a huge congratulations to the Low family for the arrival of baby daughter Lindsey who arrived on August 4th. Even though I might've missed these special days, ya'll were in my thoughts and prayers! Much love ya'll!

No comments: