Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Things That Made My Day Today


* Waking up early after a good night's rest (an MnM rarity)


* Waking up to a sunny and bright day


* Eating three real meals at real decent times
(had some delish and oh, so yummy tonkatsu and mac salad for dinner!)


* Having a World's Finest Chocolate bar (always an MnM pleaser!)


* Working out for a good 30 minutes
(I don't care what people say, that balance ball is no joke!)


* Getting in a couple practice PRAXIS/MSAT tests

* Checking out the pics hubby posted on his blog...go see the Frosty the snowman we made at 2am!


* 1st day of MLB's spring training


** Finding out that the San Francisco Giants will be coming to MN to play the Twins!


** Discussing with hubby that without a doubt we will be at all three games!


* Finding out that the San Diego Padres come out right after the Giants...which means, an entire week of baseball games for us to attend! WERD!


So if ya'll were even thinking of visiting us this summer, come for the game and watch the Giants kick ass!


Things That Didn't Make My Day


* Cold ass weather. Sunny and bright, yes. Cold enough to freeze the snot in your nose? Most definitely.


* Practice PRAXIS/MSAT tests- didn't do too well on the multiple choice sections. Gave myself the allotted two hours...completed it with only 10 minutes to spare. Still hoping that the practice tests are way harder than the real thing. Hoping that there won't be questions about the laws of thermodynamics or the infamous and unanswerable classic of "2 trains leave the station at the same time, one going east and the other going west..." Hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that the odds of my guessing skills using the process of elimination will be in my favor this Saturday.


* University of Phoenix finance department- advisors do not know how to advise and will do anything to get my money. Wrote them a letter regarding my dissatisfaction and how unacceptable their actions are. In short, demanded better options for my situation and to figure out how to do their job better.


* Family heartaches- I just found out today that the mother of one of my oldest and dearest friends passed away yesterday. I knew that she was sick, but I had no idea that she was in and out of the hospital for the past two months. I'm thankful that she was able to spend time with her grandson and see him grow up and even though he may not remember her, he'll always have an angel watching over him. I wish that I could be there for the funeral to pay my last respects. Pray that the family will somehow find comfort in their hearts...


Hubby's uncle also passed away this Sunday. Hubby was hoping to attend the funeral up in Toronto, but the airfares are just sky high. This is the second death in his family in such a short period. I don't know what it is, but it seems like tragic events like these happen in threes. One of the hardest things about losing a loved one is not being able to be there to see them one last time...and of course being so far away, in our case MN, makes it even harder. There are never the right words to comfort the grieving, but the fact that they are in a better place, without sickness and free of pain and suffering, encourages me.

No comments: