Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Sex in the City

No, this isn't going to be a blog about who's gettin' some...although I'm sure there are some folks who'd get a kick about reading about that! lol! I've actually been on a Sex in the City marathon this entire summer. It started with the fact that the movie version came out and I've but all refused to see it without having seen the seasons...yes, all of them...first. Luckily, one of my friends has been gracious enough to lend her collection and as of earlier this afternoon, I am now on Season Four. Plus, after winning the "Sexiest Lips" contest at the Girls' Night Out at Bacio, I've been intrigued to know a little bit more about Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte. I guess I've been living under a rock because I'm one of very few women who did NOT know anything about this show until very recently. Yah yah, pathetic I know, no need to rub it in.

I may have mentioned that my girlfriends tease me for being the Charlotte in the group...which makes me curious as to whom are the other gals! Lol...not quite sure if being Charlotte is a compliment or what...I'm not THAT naive, people! Sheesh! Lol!

Anyways, Episode 1 of Season Four has got to be one of the downer episodes I've seen thus far. To refresh your memories ('cuz I'm assuming ALL OF YOU have seen SITC!), it's Carrie's 35th birthday and she has her Ally McBeal moment...aka, living the single life without anyone special to call her own and believing that her fate is to forever be alone. But as she sits among her friends, Charlotte mopes about how she believes there is nothing worse than being 34 and soon-to-be divorced. Miranda retorts that it's better to be 34 and divorced than to be 34 and stuck in an awful marriage.

I sat in my living room and thought, "Hmm...this is the EXACT conversation I've had with so many people once before!" But y'know what IS great about being 34 and divorced?

It's being 34, divorced, FREE to start over and FREE to truly fall in love again...hooray for new beginnings!

I've come to separate my life in "before's" and "after's"...before/after college, before/after marriage, before/after divorce...and let me tell you, ALL OF IT has been a learning experience...whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

But as I've been dealing with a lot of the afters of my divorce, I've now gotten to that point where I have yet ANOTHER before and after: before/after the Music Maestro.

Without getting into the mushy, I just have to share just how happy he makes me feel...AND how relieved I am to find that the family and friends who have met him LOVE him, too. (..for the record, I've vowed to really pay attention to what family/friends have to say about whom I date...and i'll be damned if I don't listen to them this time!...)

Life has been good and the past few months have truly been one of the greatest adventures of my life.

Thanks baby...things have been, as your beloved Borat would say, "very nice."<3

No comments: