Saturday, August 23, 2008

Is Blogging Dead???

That is the question of the hour...even after a couple of Tequila shots and working on some school work!

I'm just curious...with Facebook as one of the hottest social online networks out there and with people slowly converting over from MySpace, has adding countless applications, superpoking all of your friends, and trying to save a square foot of rain forest replaced the art of blogging?

Yes, I do consider blogging an art form...there are some pretty damned talented writers out there and yet, I am seeing less of it out there.

But I am guilty of neglecting my own blog. Forget the excuses of not having internet connection or of not having enough bloggable moments...here's the truth. If I only had 5 minutes to go online, I would check my emails and then I'd head to Facebook to see if anyone wrote on my wall. It's addicting...and hell, everyone and their mama is on it!

I miss blogging. In fact, sometimes it seems that there is SO MUCH going on that by the time I find the time to write, it's all old news. When I do get that chance to sit and write, I find the love slowly creeping back in.

But what about everyone else? I browsed my friends' blogs today and wowzers, not too many updates...but I bet ya'll a bunch of Benjamins that those very same people updated their status on either Facebook or Twitter! The biggest reason why I find blogging so appealing is that it's a great way to know how people are doing. Yah you can do it on Facebook, too, but all the other applications become too distracting.

In any case, I will continue to keep up this blog...even if I DO think that blogging is slowly being phased out.

In other news...I'm heading out to the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk tomorrow! Stay tuned for pictures! (unless of course, I decide to just post them on Facebook...lol!)

2 comments:

Rho said...

Hey, Twin! I'm guilty of neglecting my blog, but updating my Twitter! As life starts to settle, I do hope to blog again.

Have a great week!

bernadette said...

hey there! way to keep blogging alive! im one of those ppl who WANT to blog, but the time and effort are no where to be found. =P i still want to blog. maybe one day you'll visit me and find something cool to read. hehe. ;) anyway, happy FB-ing. =D