Friday, December 21, 2007

P.S. I Love You




Talk about a tear-jerker!

First off, I already knew, without a doubt, that I was going to see this film on opening day. Second, loved the fact that I got to see it with my sis, BADMama...couldn't imagine seeing it with anyone else at the moment who would really understand inner goings of MnMz mind. Third, so glad that I had read the book FIRST...and although I have to re-read it again, it may very well be that the movie is better than the book....a rarity, I know! (Plus, I just HAD to buy another copy of the book with the movie poster of Gerard Butler on it....'cuz hell, I could look at him all day...). Fourth....well, let me just say (and this may sound somewhat ironic), but while I do believe that all things happen for a reason because God intended, I can still be superstitious in ways in which I believe in SIGNS...however big or small they may be. So fourth, this movie points to some signs...not sure whether they are significant or what, but still, signs they are to me. Lastly.....it's IRELAND. As many of you know, I am in love with IRELAND. Just seeing the backdrop of the amazingly beautiful landscape of the Irish countrysides just takes my breath away! And Lordy...the accent, oh damn, the accent....just melts my insides.

For those of you who haven't seen the preview or read the book, the basic premise is about a couple (Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler) who are totally in love with each other....but tragedy hits and Gerard Butler's character passes away. He was "the cute Irish guy who likes to sing." As his wife deals with his death, she is surprised to find that he had arranged letters to be sent to her with specific instructions...even after his passing. The entire movie goes on as she follows the wishes of her dead husband. It's sweet, really....awfully romantic....to the point of tears flowing down with each scene. Yah, I'm a sucker...I know.

And dammit, did I mention how FINE Gerard Butler is?! He's not even Irish, but d-a-m-n....he makes me melt!

Anyways, the storyline has total chickflick written all over it. I'm determined more than ever to go to Ireland now....of course along with the plan to go to Italy and France, that is. It was a crying movie, for sure (and sometimes everyone needs a good cry)....so plan on bringing some tissue.

No comments: