Friday, December 28, 2007

National Treasure: Book of Secrets



Two thumbs up! If you liked the first National Treasure movie, you'll love this movie. When it comes to movies, I'm pretty easy about 'em. There really aren't many movies that I don't like...aside from all of the movies that I simply REFUSE to see that includes all horror/slasher movies. It's funny because growing up, I never had much of a liking for history. It wasn't until my last year in high school that I became so engrossed in our study of the Vietnam War. From there, I began to notice how fascinating the past was...and of course there's the learning from the past so as not to commit the same mistakes twice, etc, but seriously, I regret not paying more attention in school back in the day.

Without going into the storyline, I will say how I love how the story jumps around to the different locations - from Paris to London to Mt.Rushmore in South Dakota. Yes, yes, a giggly MnM sat there excitedly saying, "I was there! I was there!" Out of all the states that I was able to pass through during my cross-country drive from MN to CA, South Dakota was- hands down- the most interesting state....compared to Wyoming and Nebraska, that is. Mt. Rushmore is truly a sight to behold!

In any case, as it is with enjoyable movies, I was sad to see it end. I wish all movies were at least 3 hours long! lol! OH...I forget to mention....saw the preview for Prince Caspian...the return to NARNIA! I'm so excited!

'Twas a nice relaxing day to spend with my sis, BADMama and the fam....plus, we also ran into Triple D and BeBeBallerina's parents...so really, it was a family affair all around!

No comments: