Thursday, February 09, 2006

Found this and realized that I never posted it. Had a good laugh about it...and I hope J does, too!

January 16, 2006

It's All Love

Got a call from mah homie J the other day...and the first thing out of his mouth after not having spoken to him in a long time was,

"How could you? How could you rag on your heritage like that?"

I was totally taken aback...and probably because I was already tired from such a long day spent with my family, I was SO not in the mood to have to explain myself over something that I wrote. Now albeit J has a tendency to be the biggest brat in the world and can oftentimes be relied on to be a devil's advocate...he can also be the one who will argue for argument's sake...I suppose you can say that I was not up to playing the game tonight. This isn't meant to totally rag on J for ragging on ME about MY blog, but dude...where the hell did all of that come from?

He is referring to my post where I whine and wonder why on earth my Lolo would want to live the rest of his days in PI. Now I whine and wonder out loud, but inside, I KNOW why he wants to. I KNOW and yet, I thought it would be interesting to share. Hah...silly me. J goes on to tell me that living in PI is not as bad as I portrayed it. He says that the mail system is not as backward as I make it out to be because the delivery mail people just happen to know everyone. I ain't knockin' it...I was just in shocked awe at that fact that I didn't have to write a typical home address that I'm so used to writing. And as far as the health care is concerned, I wasn't making any of that crap up about having to pay first BEFORE you're treated because well, J, that is a reality. Now maybe you thought, hey, it's been a while since I've talked to MnM, this is easy fodder to give her a hard time about or maybe you were deeply offended about what I wrote and to this I tell you (like I did on the phone - chill out. I did not begin writing that post with the malicious intent of ragging on my heritage. And even if I did, it's one of those situations where I could make fun of my heritage and no one else can deal...know what I'm saying? For a quick moment, I felt like I was being reprimanded and getting a slap on my wrist for what I wrote...and after a quick second (and I mean QUICK), I got that WTF mentality. Again, it's been a long day and I'm tired, and honestly, I'd appreciate the whole "hey, how are you doing, it's been a long time since we've talked" small talk before getting into the whole bitch, whine, and get on MnM's case for God knows what. Know what I'm saying, dude? Yes, yes, I didn't have to write this whole explanation to justify anything because, Good Lord, it is a freaking blog and I could write anything I choose, but hey...maybe I thought, what better way to give the firemarshall a hard time since I haven't talked to him in a while and/or maybe, I was really offended that you were offended by what I wrote. Hmmm...know what? Who cares? If J wants to be a big brat about the whole thing, then so be it...it wouldn't be the first time! Lol! (It's all love, homie!)

No comments: