Tuesday, February 14, 2006

LOVE Day in the Bay

The beautiful warm weather that we've been enjoying for the past couple of days has been replaced by incessant winds that are strewing the streets with leaves and branches. It's a hazard to be out and about really. With not only the crazy winds blowing, there are so many distractions that are making it almost impossible to drive down the street.

How about that guy standing on the corner sporting a huge cardboard sign that read in bold letters, "BUY HER FLOWERS!"

How about that lil' group setting up camp on the corner of Alemany and Geneva with loads of baskets filled with teddybears, flowers, and candy?

Or how about them crazy, yet brave souls who walk in-between cars at the red lights with armfuls of red roses that hope that in the minute or two that you're waiting that you'll actually have time to reach into your wallet, choose a nice, decent bunch, and pay the guy all before the light turns green?

Or better yet, how about all of them lovey-dovey couples who are constantly making out while they are driving? Yup. That's my favorite. I swear, if their windows were open, I'd love to yell, "Get a freakin' room, people!" These people shouldn't be on the roads. Okay..maybe they're on their way to get a room, but still, it's a freakin' hazard in the meantime!

To avoid any kinds of hazards that might result in a car accident, I found myself at the beach today...that's no big surprise. Because of the strong winds, I cursed the sandstorm that I had to drive through. And to think that I just washed my car over the weekend. Crap. I made it in time to watch the sun go down...and it was beautiful. As windy and as sandy as it was, the beach was pretty crowded. Not many people walking about, just a whole bunch of parked cars. I decided to park up near the Cliff House instead and was wowed at the sight of the dropping sun. I'm thinking that not too many people know about that parking spot past the Cliff House, but then again, good. Let the crowds take over the restaurant parking and the usual oceanside views. Thankfully, without the sights (and sounds) of people making out, I got to enjoy my sunset.

There's something simply beautiful about watching a sunset. It is, after all, my favorite time of the day. To watch the sun drop slowly into the horizon, to feel the warmth emanating from the last rays of sunshine, to look in wonder as the colors blend into the most beautiful palette you've ever seen, and to see the skies overhead slowly fill with bright stars...man. Simply beautiful. Just beautiful.

Happy Love Day, everyone...

No comments: