Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Pinch, Punch, the First of the Month!

I can't believe it's already March. 2006 has definitely been quite a year, busy, and whatnot, but man...time sure flies.

For Christians worldwide, today marks the first day of Lent. For Catholics, Lent begins with Ash Wednesday. Got a call from Mommy Hernandez today...turns out that while she was at mass today, she was suddenly reminded of ME! MnM and Ash Wednesday...hmmm...I do not see the connection! Lol! To be quite honest, the only connection that stems from this is the fact that Mommy Hernandez attended mass at our old elementary school alma mater and happened to sit behind the 8th Grade class. Apparently she sat behind a group of girls and she couldn't help but wonder who the Mommy Hernandez and who the MnM was in that group! Taking those strolls down memory lane with her are always SO much fun because it never fails to get us laughing at how simple, naive, and how cool we thought we were at the time. Okay, so we were all dorks, but in our own way, we WERE cool. She also mentioned that she was going to casually go up to our 7th Grade teacher to say hello until she realized that damn, it's been 20 years since we were in his class. 20 years! Would he even remember her? Would he even recognize her with a lil' one in tow? Egads...makes me feel really old and apparently her, too...cuz she never did say hello to him. Aiya...

Simple Pleasures


Sometime today, for no apparent reason at all, it hit me that it's been a while since I've heard anything about Dawson's Creek. I've been anticipating Season Six and with all of these new shows coming out so soon on dvd, it's about due. Now yes, I have admitted that I became a fan late in the game....hahah, like AFTER the show was almost done...but I am a fan nonetheless. I don't care what people say about how corny the show is and how unrealistic it is to have high schoolers speak in such intelligent diatribes who overanalyze and deconstruct anything and everything. But hey, after my move to MN and catching all of these reruns each morning, I got completely hooked. I have all of the seasons on dvd and have been patiently awaiting season six to add to the collection.

So I'm reading Consuela's blog and imagine my pleasant surprise to see DC Season 6! Can I just say that this made my day? Also had to add that I think Consuela is one of the few people who share my love of this show. Lol! And yes, we both think that Pacey is just yummy, too!

Dawson's Creek Season Six. Coming to stores on April 4, 2006.
(ooohhhh...just in time for MnM's birthday...)

Birthday Shout-Outs

- My lil' cousins Sha turns 20 today- much love and happiness to you, my dear!

No comments: