Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's OPPOSITE Day!

So, I had one of the best weeks ever at school. First off, I was bummed because we would have a short week of school due to a Teacher Inservice. On Tuesday, I couldn't believe how nasty the weather was for our field trip to a local PETCO store despite the many prayers we lifted up. My students ended up whining and complaining the entire day making it one of the worst field trips I've ever taken them on this year.

Before even leaving school, I was completely saddened by the fact that I had to leave a few of my kids behind. But I was proud of the fact that they truly understood the consequences of their behaviors that led to my decision to exclude them from this activity. I was even taken aback at how supportive one of my student's parents were with me and how this dad stood by me. He even decided to share with my entire class and some parents who happened to be in the vicinity about how wonderful of a teacher he thought I was!

The following day, this same father was apparently feeling gracious for my utmost attention to his child that he felt compelled to show me some appreciation. In fact, his manner of thanking me caught the attention of practically the entire second floor letting all who could hear his praises for me. But me, being too humble and embarrassed, had to have five other colleagues to put an end to all of the unnecessary accolades. Feeling a tad overwhelmed, this father continued to share his sentiments with our school principal.

Unbeknownst to me, word spread like wildfire and by the end of the day, teachers came to know about this wonderful parent and have expressed envy of having such a parent. I have to admit, in all of my teaching years, this father has been the most cooperative and most supportive; and having his son in my class has given me so much joy.

I am truly saddened that we've only got 38 more days of school left...

2 comments:

... j ... said...

Hey, I here it's PCN time. Sounds like a good excuse to hook!

... j ... said...

Oops, to hook up.